Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Where to sell?

Views : 1475

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 09:29   #1
willone242

Default Where to sell?

Hi - I have a strange question. I live in Sweden, Gothenburg, where the P1800 mostly were made. I have a right drive one from 1965, which came back with a British engineer that married Swedish.

I had it for 12 years, and I think it is time to sell it. I guess the UK market, due to the right side drive would be the best market. It is in very good original condition, got it looked at by an insurance man so this is how he deemed it.

Any tips where to put the add? and what is the normal price for one in the UK? In Sweden, they are getting more and more expensive every year.

I might do a part deal trade for a cafe racer motorcycle, BSA WM20 or something like that.

Will
willone242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:57   #2
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willone242 View Post
Hi - I have a strange question. I live in Sweden, Gothenburg, where the P1800 mostly were made. I have a right drive one from 1965, which came back with a British engineer that married Swedish.

I had it for 12 years, and I think it is time to sell it. I guess the UK market, due to the right side drive would be the best market. It is in very good original condition, got it looked at by an insurance man so this is how he deemed it.

Any tips where to put the add? and what is the normal price for one in the UK? In Sweden, they are getting more and more expensive every year.

I might do a part deal trade for a cafe racer motorcycle, BSA WM20 or something like that.

Will
Will your right that this forum is probably the best place to put it.
Plus:
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk
Then there is the Practical Classics Magazine advert section. This a well subscribed magazine.
http://www.practicalclassics.co.uk
Another what looks a freebie
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/102

Get some pictures up, I'm sure the members on her would like to see your car and may be able to give you an idea on value in the UK
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdz840 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:05   #3
willone242

Default Thanks for the update

Here are some pictures of it!

http://www.blocket.se/goteborg/Volvo....htm?ca=15&w=3

I will get more pictures from the inside, but it is in good condition
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:03   #4
ANDREWNT

Looks nice, looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Google swedish translation from description is (hope this helps)

I use my P1800 so rarely that I have started to think about selling it. It is a right hand drive P1800 from 1965, with a total of three owners on! Before me, it was a father and one who has had it since the 70s. I bought it in 2001. Have always been warm and dry in garage. Has always been serviced, has very little of the senate years. Less than 2000 mil since I bought it. Completely new engine in the 70's, has a body repair with fiberglass rear right. Always been smooth in every way. Can be seen in the central eastern Gothenburg. Does avstäld for the winter, so we make up for time so that I can dust off them and make sure the battery is charged. Got the completion of a MHRF surveyor in October, but no daily driver (central Gothenburg, then you do not need it) so it is not a veteran insured with them. However, there are papers remain with the inspection man. His rating for the car was "very good original condition"

I can even think of making a change with the money reached the quarters. Have gone over tiull vintage motorcycles the last few years, but have started to look for a cafe racer from Type 60's. Intresanta bikes are (no projects) AJS, Triumph Bonnneville (also new) and Norton. Can also be interested in BSA M20 or DKW NZ, including projects bikes

Also a lot of spare parts and a little bensiniana that can be sold with the car

If you have questions, please get in touch.
ANDREWNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 12:46   #5
Volvo Canadian
Bury me in my Volvo

"bensiniana"??
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 13:21   #6
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 122 Canuck View Post
"bensiniana"??
Petrol is my guess....
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 14:24   #7
willone242

Hi - thanks, Google translate in all its glory, but the minor languages like Swedish, it does not really come close.

The Volvo, petrol, is from 1965. It has been checked with the Swedish heritage motor club for insurance, and was deemed as a very good original condition vehicle.

I almost never use it any more, and it feels bad that it is just standing still. Thinking about selling it. Thinking about getting another vintage motorcycle, so I could make a trade trade/ or part payment, with money either going this or the other way for a motorcycle. I been looking for a new-ish Royal Enfield Clubman EFI, or a 60:s AJS, BSA or something classic cafe racer …or something from the war, like an Ariel NG, a BSA WM20 (even a project bike)

Maybe there is someone out there wanting to change from driving a motorcycle, and wants a classic car?

It is in really good condition, hard to really tell from photos :-)
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 19:56   #8
kforrest

Default 1800

Hi,

I am interested in your car and have sent you a PM.

Cheers
Keith
kforrest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kforrest For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 20:56   #9
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willone242 View Post
Hi - I have a strange question.
Will
Hi Will, I have a strange question for you. I happen to have a left hand drive 2 door Amazon. Its in very good condition, I like to believe. What does a car like that fetch in your part of the world approximatley these days?
Not that I want to sell or anything, just curious...
Hugh
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 08:46   #10
willone242

Default Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf ista View Post
Hi Will, I have a strange question for you. I happen to have a left hand drive 2 door Amazon. Its in very good condition, I like to believe. What does a car like that fetch in your part of the world approximatley these days?
Not that I want to sell or anything, just curious...
Hugh
It depends on what year etc, give me some more detailsand I will have a look!
The Amazons have rissen in price, like the P1800 the last ten years, so now they are starting to fetch real money!