Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

standard brake sizes

Views : 500

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 13th, 2012, 17:01   #1
x122pjo

Default standard brake sizes

ANybody know what the standard discs are on a c70 t5.....

I think mine may have been upgraded but cant tell??
x122pjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 19:47   #2
Axionknight
Premier Member

Up to 1998 standard front brakes were 280mm, after that, 302mm, which are far better for such heavy cars.
Axionknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 21:03   #3
FaKaWi
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axionknight View Post
Up to 1998 standard front brakes were 280mm, after that, 302mm, which are far better for such heavy cars.
Nope, not that simple. It basically seems to depend what was in the parts bin on the day the car was built, for example there are 2003 C70's on 280mm brakes. There is a decode floating around which shows you how to identify from your VIN what size your car left the factory with, however this only works if someone hasn't subsequently changed them. There are some comparison pictures showing the different calipers carrier on T5D5 I think. Or, get your tape measure out.
The Following User Says Thank You to FaKaWi For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2012, 21:36   #4
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

+1 ^ Fakawi
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 20:58   #5
Simon J
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaKaWi View Post
Nope, not that simple. It basically seems to depend what was in the parts bin on the day the car was built, for example there are 2003 C70's on 280mm brakes. There is a decode floating around which shows you how to identify from your VIN what size your car left the factory with, however this only works if someone hasn't subsequently changed them. There are some comparison pictures showing the different calipers carrier on T5D5 I think. Or, get your tape measure out.
Indeed I can vouch for the fact that my 2003 T5 was delivered with 280mm brakes! And for the subsequent model year the 280mm was apparently standard across the C70 range.
Old May 14th, 2012, 23:43   #6
Axionknight
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaKaWi View Post
I see, news to moi - you learn something new every day! ^.^
Axionknight is offline   Reply With Quote