Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

KU Software upgrade prices. From £285.

Views : 2039

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 28th, 2008, 09:29   #1
don kalmar union
Trader

Default KU Software upgrade prices. From £285.

We are all looking very hard and with some anxiety at how long this present economic climate will prevail and even how much deeper it may go.

Our disposable income is ever more limited and our descretionary purchases are now questionable and the value of our cars is continuing to decline, just look at the beguiling attraction of an 18 month old S80 V8, 10,000 miles.....£17,000 on Autotrader, down from a high specced new ticket price of £50,000.....the attractive C30 T5's now under £14,000.

With this in mind I am now offering various new, keen prices on KU software upgrades. Firstly, the price of all pre. ME7 upgrades drops back to a bargain £285 including installation and VAT. That is for all earlier 850's and most of the old S70, V70 and C70's that run Bosch Motronic 4.3 and 4.4's

Now I get to all later cars with ME7 Bosch ECU's. The new KU price for this software starts at £399.95 including installation and VAT.

I and my supplier have had a long and hard look at the quirky UK market, where price often ultimately dictates choice.

The result is market leading prices.

Soon you will be able to put it on your credit card, within a week or two.....

Regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Oct 2nd, 2008 at 00:14.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 22:19   #2
dooby
Forum Support Team

Hiya,

I don't like where this thread is headed. I'm closing it whilst I contact both parties.

Please bear with us until normal service can be restored...

Thanks, Pete
Porsche/S60R BBK + XP8s, TD04HL-19T, 17"x8J Pegasus, THS intercooler, custom intake & RIP, Samco coolant, Koni/Nivo H&R, S60R manifold, TT-USB, Simota, IPD turbo back, IPD anti-roll bars & droplinks, IPD HT, MSD coil, Innovate LC-1, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 22:47   #3
dooby
Forum Support Team

Pangster has been contacted, and we have agreed to remove his post.

The thread remains locked whilst the moderators consider rewording Don's post to remove what we view as an infraction of rule 6 (unsubstantiated implication).

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers, Pete
Porsche/S60R BBK + XP8s, TD04HL-19T, 17"x8J Pegasus, THS intercooler, custom intake & RIP, Samco coolant, Koni/Nivo H&R, S60R manifold, TT-USB, Simota, IPD turbo back, IPD anti-roll bars & droplinks, IPD HT, MSD coil, Innovate LC-1, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 21:55   #4
dooby
Forum Support Team

Hiya,

as you can see we have edited Don's post to remove a breach of forum rule 6 (unsubstantiated implication).

Cheers, Pete

Last edited by dooby; Oct 2nd, 2008 at 23:23. Reason: I can't seem to spell unsubstantiated.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 22:40   #5
saturnuranus
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
Soon you will be able to put it on your credit card, within a week or two.....
Ohh that sounds dangerous. Why can I feel a large debt coming on
saturnuranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 19:20   #6
y2blade
Premier Member

i'm very tempted to get mine done great price Don
y2blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 09:37   #7
John_C
Allons-y!

Hi Don,

Is the software for the later cars installed on a visit to yourself or is it a PPC/Softloader type thing? I'm off to see one of the late 2.4 T5 S60's today and if I do get it, well, it would be rude not to remap it

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 10:06   #8
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Software installation.

I can install the MTE software into the ECU of your proposed new car if you visit me here in NW London. I can do it at any reasonable hour weekdays or weekends as long as we fix the time.

My new prices do not include the provision of the MTE softloader device. That device and its related software is very well resolved and high spec. and when bought with the additional software packages for data logging and diagnostics does make for something very usefull to some. However, the basic softloader package costs £135 with the additional software being from £75.

Despite being an evangelist for MTE software and this excellent sofloader system I am not a great believer in the need to add anything to the basic price of a fine product in the first instance to have a piece of kit just to swap maps, which, if we are being honest is a facility to fool dealers during the warranty period when they can check easily if non standard software has been present anyway.

Regards, Don.

PS. We have all been remarkably surprised at the outcomes with the post '05MY T5's. That has as standard to many what the late, and unlamented 'R's should have had instead of their fragile lump. If you can get one that suits you it will be a very fine choise indeed.

PPS If I am down your way sometime it would be no problem to do it at your house or where ever local.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Last edited by don kalmar union; Oct 4th, 2008 at 10:08.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 13:39   #9
Nuisance
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooby View Post
Hiya,

as you can see we have edited Don's post to remove a breach of forum rule 6 (unsubstantiated implication).

Cheers, Pete
Turns out they were true.

And very relavent.

We followed them up on T5D5 and found out that Don's competition from Bromsgrove which he was critical of were up to nefarious activities with their £150 "Rica 280" re-maps. Don had every reason to be justifiably critical. He was being expected to compete with people selling counterfit maps at knock down prices.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...57&postcount=7

I don't think "rule 6" has done the forum users any good in this instance.

How about rule 101, If it seems too good to be true, it usually is!

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.

Last edited by Nuisance; Oct 4th, 2008 at 13:45. Reason: added link.
Nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 00:21   #10
mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Hi Don,

Is the software for the later cars installed on a visit to yourself or is it a PPC/Softloader type thing? I'm off to see one of the late 2.4 T5 S60's today and if I do get it, well, it would be rude not to remap it

Cheers,
John
I drove a 2005 T5 as standard and after an MTE map and found it to be totally different, there was no need to have it rev as high and the Geartronic box was much better at adapting to your driving style. Driven hard there was a slight improvement in economy but driven at more normal speeds it could pay for its self in under a year.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote