Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 Lights left on & memory seats

Views : 1146

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2008, 16:15   #1
katanajim

Default V50 Lights left on & memory seats

Another newbie asking possibly stupid questions (but then that's what we're here for)

My new (to me) 06 v50 doesn't warn you when you've left the lights on (my old seat used to beep to remind me to turn them off when i took the key out) should it? I spoke to a dealer and they said 'that's because the car will turn them off itself after X minutes once locked' well i tried this (left them on dipped main) and locked the car - after 10 mins they're still on. What's the deal should they're be a warning noise or should they switch off automatically?

Also, the drivers electric seat seems to lose it's memory setting, My wife uses setting 1 and I use 3, for some reason 3 keeps disappearing. The process for setting is to adjust the seat, press and hold M and then the number right? Any ideas on why it would forget the seat position?

Thanks in advance for any comments / assistance,

Jim
katanajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 16:59   #2
7050man
Master Member

My car (55plate), has headlights off as std when engine running, but side lights can be switched on to drive and be left on as parking lights.

If I drive with sidelights and then stop and leave car, they do (as far as I'm aware stay on until you turn them off). There is no warning buzzer that they are on and in my view this is not good as it is easy to forget and potentially flatten your battery.

I don't know how a standard car is or if the light control has changed on newer models.

Re seats, remember that you can set memory positions for each key, so if you set seat postion with key 1 and then lock the car with key two, it will not automatically move to the saved position for key two when you next want to unlock car with key two.

It just means that you have to use the button.

Hope that helps
7050man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 17:32   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

so you had the dipped headlamps on and turned ign off and locked car and they stay on? Something wrong there then . Headlamps should always go out when you remove the key except for one condition :
The "follow me home" feature . after turning the ignition off you flash the headlamps the main beams will stay on for a period which is programmable in the centre display menu .. but no more than a couple of minutes , this is probbaly what the dealer was refering to . It is easy when taking the key out to accidently pull the headlamp flasher activating this feature . have a close look at what you are actulay doing when you get out the car ..
Volvos dont need a lights on warning buzzer as with day running lights all the lights come on and go off with the ignition key , its good not having to turn them on and off yourself .. That lights warning buzzer on the 200 and 400 series was a pain anyway :-)

if your seat is loosing its memory just on one button there could be a problem with the control unit , try putting your setting on buttons 2 and 3 and see if it is just button 3 which is playing up ..
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 19:21   #4
MavUK

With the seat... Do the keys retain their memory? Or is it just the buttons? (Not sure of a solution - just thought it would be a good idea to check the other memories)
MavUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 19:30   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

The keys have no memory the CAR remembers which key is which ...
This key memory has nothing at all to do with any of the three press button memories ...
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 06:48   #6
MavUK

The car remembers the seat setting for each key (automatically)... All I was saying is that there is another memory for the seats and to check that is also working...
MavUK is offline   Reply With Quote