Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"Making" a V40 sport from an S... advice may be required?

Views : 1161

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 13:31   #1
Samwell
Master Member

Default "Making" a V40 sport from an S... advice may be required?

Hello all

Ive given up trying to find and buy my ideal V40 diesel Sport Lux, it appears they are just too difficult to get hold of and most sellers think its better to sell to other people for less than let me see the car even though i get first refusal (some bitterness may be detected??)

So anyway, Ive found a nice S model which has everything under the bonnet that i want and on the inside and price.. but i want to spec it up to the Sport or Sport Lux spec. As far as i can tell, due to the spec of this S being quite high, I will need:

- front spoiler
- rear spoiler
- Arcadia alloys
- sport headlight bezels/indicators

to bring it to a well specced Lux copy. I know the alloys arent specificly Sport Lux but are certainly the nicest.

Is there anything i havent thought of from the above that separates these models? I had thought suspension, but have found this S model has the self levelling suspension which appears to be an expensive upgrade. Are the brakes the same? Do you foresee any problems? Any advice and help is muchly appreciated!
Samwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 13:48   #2
fat tony
"Legitimate" Businessman

As far as i am aware, there isn't a 'standard' sport lux spec.

Every one i have seen has been different in some way, my S40 sport lux didn't have the black bezel indicators, but had the xenon headlights!

I'm just slowly working my way through the option list, to get the car i want, even down to trying to decipher some japanese on the web to get hold of power folding mirrors lol

Ex-Junior Vice-President of the X40 In Dash Cup Holder Owners Club
fat tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 13:53   #3
gatos
Premier Member

I have a 1.9D S S40. It came with half leather seats, but already had the sport trims.
I would leave the suspension as it is if I was you. Brakes are the same in all models.

What colour is your car by the way?

Here is a list of things I've done to our 1.9D: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...6&postcount=10

Nullius in Verba

Last edited by gatos; Feb 22nd, 2013 at 13:56.
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 15:07   #4
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat tony View Post
As far as i am aware, there isn't a 'standard' sport lux spec.

Every one i have seen has been different in some way, my S40 sport lux didn't have the black bezel indicators, but had the xenon headlights!

You are quite right, not only about the X40 but all earlier Volvo`s.

All the electrics are there for every type of extra the owner required when it was purchased it was just connected to the loom.

I had a spec. sheet when i bought my 960, so although it was the CD top of the range model there were items missing that were there in others not quite so specified.

My Black S40 1.8 Sport which i have sold recently had the same alloy wheels as my `98 T4 and was not even up to the spec. of it. Manual A/C with inferior heating panel on the dash. The suspension was the same height and it was the most hardest uncomfortable X40 i have been in. It also had ordinary twin T4 clear lens headlights.

Nothing Sport or Special at all.
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 16:58   #5
Samwell
Master Member

Thanks for your input guys, i really appreciate it.

Seems like this is a high spec S model. My old Sport had everything i wanted until a jag took me out.. Im very keen to get back into a v40 again.

Gatos, do you still have the front spoiler/splitter off you breaking lux and a rear spoiler too?
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:46   #6
gatos
Premier Member

Both sold I am afraid ages ago. I have a green splitter and a blue one in case you are interested.

Nullius in Verba
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:20   #7
Samwell
Master Member

Hi Gatos

ok, thanks.. definately interested in one if i get the car. colours not an issue as ill paint it. can you msg me photos? Got a rear spoiler by any chance?
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 18:27   #8
Neillyboy78

Samwell....i have a set of Xenons that i will be putting up for sale once i take some photo's,They are from a 2001 Sport.....send me a p.m if your intrested!
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 18:53   #9
gatos
Premier Member

Will do. No spoiler i am afraid.

Nullius in Verba
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 21:26   #10
Samwell
Master Member

Neilly... sounds awesome, do let me know! I found kits on ebay for not as much as i thought but id much prefer the proper units