Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

No media access

Views : 1213

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2020, 14:50   #11
Alan36

I have done it guys, I didn't know anything about swiping right
Many thanks
Alan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alan36 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 15:12   #12
TheDufster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotia64 View Post
Yes I’m sure , the one with the white surround is for Apple car play or android auto. It’s an optional extra.
Well it seems that having two usb ports doesn't mean that you have Apple Car Play or Android Auto then.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 16:01   #13
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post
Well it seems that having two usb ports doesn't mean that you have Apple Car Play or Android Auto then.
Comparing the brochures for a V90 for MY19 and MY20 as far as I can make out the earlier cars came with 1 USB unless Smart Phone Integration was ticked in the options, then you got 2 USB's and Apple or Android Car Play. Newer cars come with 2 front/2 rear USB's, then the option to add Smart Phone Integration with Apple and Android Car Play. I agree, as you say 2 USB's doesn't mean the car has Android or Apple functionality. It can all get a bit confusing and hard to keep up with the specs.
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 16:10   #14
TheDufster

Cheers, that makes sense. I am surprised though that my Inscription Pro didn't come with Android Auto as standard (I didn't spec it, I chose the car from existing stock)

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 16:23   #15
MikeGMT
VOC Member

I think there have been a few folk disappointed seeing the 2 USB's and thinking they had Apple or Android so didn't tick the box. Just shows how careful you have to be when speccing a new car.
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 23:10   #16
apnicolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGMT View Post
I think there have been a few folk disappointed seeing the 2 USB's and thinking they had Apple or Android so didn't tick the box. Just shows how careful you have to be when speccing a new car.
The dealer can add Android Auto / Apple Car Play, for around £300 I think. It’s easiest done if you have the twin usbs but can be installed if you only have one (they add another when they install).

But... and it’s a big but, as the implementation of AA/ACP on the Sensus screen is in my opinion utter, utter rubbish.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote