Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2006 V70 D5 SE Geartronic - 1yr MOT / £1500

Views : 698

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 12th, 2019, 22:53   #1
Turbodave
VOC Member

Default 2006 V70 D5 SE Geartronic - 1yr MOT / £1500

2006 / 06
Volvo V70 SE D5 (185bhp Geartronic)
187,000 miles
MOT to April 2020
Silver with black leather
Stamped service book to 159,000 miles

Short of it is, I had an old 163bhp Manual D5 that I sold prematurely with a view to getting something newer but three weeks with no car, I needed something as a stop gap and this popped up. But, as great as it is, it's done it's job and so it's time to move on again.

Engine seems good and strong with no knocks, rattles, smoke or fluid usage. Cambelt was seemingly done at 150,000 miles but I've no proof so take it with a pinch of salt. I've replaced the swirl flap arm, flushed the power steering fluid and topped up the screenwash... it runs well, much quicker than a 163bhp and is averaging 45mpg. There are no engine related DTCs.

Gearbox is the love it or hate it Geartronic and I fall into the latter camp. I'm not a fan of autos, just preference. It selects all gears, doesn't slip and changes smoothly aside for 3rd to 4th when hot and under moderate load. Manually changing is fine oddly. I've carried out a readaption, it's slightly better but not 100%... them again, are they ever. Maybe is just needs a top up or a flush - who knows but I'm not investing any more time / money.

Suspension, steering and brakes seem fine and there's no shake, rattle or roll. Brakes and steers true and straight. Handbrake works (a miracle!) and there's plenty life left in the friction material. It's sat on the finest Rieken / unknown tyres though all are nigh on new and it drives with no wobbles or alarming noises or odours.

Cosmetically, if you want new then buy new. It presents well inside and out but there's a couple of dings, a scuff on the bumper corner, a bit paint flake on the front bumper and a small bubble on the NSF arch. Interior is black leather and in surprisingly good shape and hasn't been used as an ashtray nor to move livestock.

The negatives / niggles, which reflect the fact the car is cheap...

Gearbox isn't the smoothest changing into 4th
Some general age related wear and tear inside and out
Has a working HU-803 fitted, not the correct HU-805
Load cover and dog net sear trim things missing
Drivers sear plastic side bit broken
Parking sensors inop as is the button (it's not the fuse)
Shows a sporadic parking bulb issue yet they all work
Minimal service history bar a stamped book
Only 1 key

It is what it is... I bought it cheap thus just looking to get my money back (or some of it) and pass it in with minimal fuss as sadly, time is precious so please no tyre kickers, budding Mike Brewers or low ball offers without even having seen the car.

The car is in daily use, doing around 60 miles a day without fuss and can be viewed in and around East Lothian, Edinburgh or Fife by arrangement. I'm easily accessible from the East Coast mainline and the A1 and also Edinburgh airport.

Happy to discuss in person like we used to do back in the day but again, please respect the fact I have a job, a baby and a wife who's sick of my inability to settle on a car so please be patient and I will reply to any genuine parties.

Struggling to upload images but it's also listed on Gumtree or Marketplace (oh the misery that'll bring!) but I can email easily and will endeavour to upload some once armed with a computer.

Price is £1500 but open to genuine, sensible offers and I'd consider a deal with a genuine, unmolested P80 V70 T5 or R with cash your way, possibly.

Thanks

Last edited by Turbodave; May 12th, 2019 at 22:56.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 09:56   #2
Turbodave
VOC Member

Still available though in no huge rush to sell as it's currently doing all I need but as usual, what I need and what I want are poles apart thus I'd happily let it go and move on to something else.

Front wing and the bonnet have both been replaced (small bit grot plus a dent) so it's looking much better and the gearbox, whilst it'll never be perfect, it responded well to a re-adaption and can be driven with minimal fuss... only time you get a kick is if pressing on as it changes in to 4th but certainly not bad and perfectly acceptable when driven in waft mode.

No other developments to report, continues to be used daily and doing well and so I should really just keep it but I do fancy something newer before the summer is out, hence it's for sale but it's not for sale for £750 or swaps for an MR2... but happy to listen to and entertain any sensible offers from genuine parties.

I'd even consider a deal with a V70 T5 or similar... lower mileage and less use as a second car means I can justify ruinous fuel costs!

Cheers
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 12:13   #3
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

LOL @ the Mike Brewer reference
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2019, 11:30   #4
Turbodave
VOC Member

No longer for sale.

Cheers