Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

what do all these numbers on my wheel mean?

Views : 1526

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 28th, 2002, 19:46   #1
mjroach

Default what do all these numbers on my wheel mean?

I need to replace the spare wheel on my 850 estate and a breakers yard (quite some distance away) has what sounds like a wheel that matches my requirements - steel, 15" and 5 stud.

The only problem is that the numbers relating to size aren't quite the same -

my wheels are 6j 15 43
breakers wheel 6j 15 25

can anybody tell me what the last two digits mean? and whether the two are interchangeable - it might save my a 120 mile round trip!

hope someone can help
Old May 28th, 2002, 21:08   #2
sheerwater
Master Member

Default RE: what do all these numbers on my wheel mea

Dont know but I have a 15 inch V70 steel wheel if you want it. Changed the steels for allys on the V70 because the theivin ****** kept nicking the wheel disks so the wheels went a beggin. There are only a couple left not the full set. If you just want it as a spare you are welcome to it. Takes a 185/195/60/15 tyre from memory. Can be contacted in Northampton on 01604 518171 if you want to pick it up or arrange transport. I think the ventilation holes are a different pattern to the 850 but I an sure that the 5 stud holes are the same. Cheers Nigel
sheerwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2002, 00:02   #3
Peter Milnes
Premier Member

The last two figures are the offset of the wheel. The first one is for an 850 (43) and the other is for a 200/700/900/90 (25). The breakers wheel would be no good to you as it is the wrong offset for your car.

All the best, Peter.
Peter Milnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2002, 23:30   #4
mjroach

Peter

Thanks for the fast response and useful information - it saved me from a long and pointless trip to the breakers. If, as he said, the wheel came from an 850 it must have been on the car in error, even if it fitted physically I'm sure it's not a good idea to have mismatched wheels.

Any thoughts about the V70 wheel that Nigel has very kindly offered? (my tyre size is 185 65 r15)

Thanks again for your help.
Old May 29th, 2002, 23:35   #5
Peter Milnes
Premier Member

The wheel Nigel has on offer should be OK for your car, Your tyres will fit OK as well.

All the best, Peter.
Peter Milnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2002, 23:40   #6
mjroach

Nigel

May thanks for your offer, which I will take you up on if I can find out if it is the right size - the radius and number of studs is ok but my tyre size is 185 65 r15, and then there's the business of the offset (as Peter explained to me this needs to be 43). Why is nothing in life simple!

Will get back to you.

Thanks again

Malcolm Roach
Old May 29th, 2002, 23:48   #7
mjroach

Peter

Cheers!

Malcolm :)