Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General > V40/XC '12> Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 Winter tyres and bits for sale.

Views : 2459

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 19th, 2014, 21:43   #1
redv40pete
tammy2gates

Default V40 Winter tyres and bits for sale.

For Sale: A set of four near new Volvo winter tyres mounted upon V40 [circa 1999] rims. (Data of them available). Cost September 2012 £240.
Fitted upon Volvo rims which cost £35 each.
Used only once due to an eye operation shortly following purchase!
Only 2,800 miles and some 7mm's of even tread remaining UPON ALL OF THEM with no damage or repairs occasioned.
I am looking for around £175 but will not split from the rims. BALANCED AND READY FOR SERVICE! Full details upon request. petelab@btinternet.com
Also for sale a V40 locking fuel cap with both keys plus a full set of V40 locking wheel nuts 'key' and adapter socket. £12ono.
Experience tells me that new winters have a limited purchase window as ony a relative few are made it seems.
redv40pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2014, 22:02   #2
redv40pete
tammy2gates

Wink V40 X-Country Lux 64 plate

That's the replacement to the old 14 yrs. of age model!
It flags up as 2015 model on the Volvo 'My car' registration site [which registration has yet to be hand ratified as I only logged on today and then 'married' my car to the registration].
Issues so far the tyre sensors had to be dramatically put out of action when the false warning that the F/O/S tyre was low succeeded in locking me out!
AA sorted me back into the car and the work was done 2 days on by my Dealer.
The opening secret lies with accessing the hidden N/S front door. If it had been in my garage it would have needed dragging out! Wonderful!
The next day the rear screen wash suddenly stopped spraying, they said a trapped plastic feed pipe was thought to be the culprit.
Apart from that I've cracked the binnacle info choices and am getting c. 48 mpg around town and little 15 mile outings so far.
Not bad for a 1600cc T Diesel, 6 speed power unit!
Leather interior and metallic is pleasing as well.
Got to suss the Sensus thingy which suggests sat-nav may be accessed. We'll see.
redv40pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2014, 22:24   #3
OldCroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redv40pete View Post
For Sale: A set of four near new Volvo winter tyres mounted upon V40 [circa 1999] rims. (Data of them available). Cost September 2012 £240.
Fitted upon Volvo rims which cost £35 each.
Used only once due to an eye operation shortly following purchase!
Only 2,800 miles and some 7mm's of even tread remaining UPON ALL OF THEM with no damage or repairs occasioned.
I am looking for around £175 but will not split from the rims. BALANCED AND READY FOR SERVICE! Full details upon request. petelab@btinternet.com
Also for sale a V40 locking fuel cap with both keys plus a full set of V40 locking wheel nuts 'key' and adapter socket. £12ono.
Experience tells me that new winters have a limited purchase window as ony a relative few are made it seems.
Do you know if these rims will fit the 2014 V40?