Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Play music via Bluetooth for only £8.50!

Views : 734

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2020, 22:23   #1
M88JCP

Default Play music via Bluetooth for only £8.50!

Evening all

When I first purchased my C30, I was disappointed to find that I only had an AUX input and the Bluetooth would not alloy me to play music.

I looked at the Blue Power android unit and other ways to add a music interface, but in the end opted for an £8.50 bluetooth adaptor from eBay. I know that these things normally offer the world and deliver next to f*** all, however in this instance, the item works just as described!!!

The link is:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-14Pin...53.m2749.l2649

I ordered it from China and it arrived within a couple of weeks. Installation is a bit of a PITA as it involves removing the console and plugging the adaptor into the back of the CD drive, however once fitted, you select 'AUX', connect your phone to the bluetooth and away you go!! The quality is really good, easily as good as a CD.

The only draw back is that you still have to control your music via your phone, not the car controls, but for £8.50, i can now listen to as much music as i want. In my opinion, a complete bargain!!!

Hopefully this helps anybody else looking at the options, but if you have any questions please let me know
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 22:21   #2
andy_d
Premier Member

ok daft q's incoming
which sound system do you have in your c30
where does the 3.5mm jack go
as its BT to phone, does it allow calls to come Through the cars speakers ?
(i know you would Need to use the phones mic to talk ,,but)
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 22:34   #3
M88JCP

Hi Andy

I have the Dynaudio system, but this unit will fit any of the three sound systems so long as it has an AUX input
I left the 3.5mm taped up behind the dash. If you want to plug in a phone or music player, you could route the wire to the armrest etc
I don’t believe it allows calls, although my car has the factory Bluetooth so haven’t tried it!!

Hope this helps
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 22:44   #4
andy_d
Premier Member

thankies , i have the "performance" setup, ,and sadly no "aux" option,, (err ,,, dont think theres an aux button on the panel !but sit to be corrected when i look next)
6 CD changer or the single slot one? (either IIRC can come with any of the 3 options)
Old Oct 3rd, 2020, 02:35   #5
Baxlin
Old Rocker

My C70 with the Performance audio, has both a 3.5mm Jack and a USB socket in the armrest storage. I use the USB for either charging the phone, or playing a memory stick through the system, by selecting Aux via the mode selector button. The volume and track can be adjusted with the dash or steering wheel controls.

For music from my phone, I use the phone’s headphone socket and the car’s jack socket, but not while the memory stick is in the usb, again via the Aux function, (or is it via the phone button, I forget, as I usually use a memory stick) but it’s controlled through the phone, not the car.

although this works fine, I hate visible wires, even the few inches visible on the centre console between the phone and armrest, so I may well explore the OP’s link. Thanks

Edit: I suppose you could also use one of those FM transmitter thingies from years ago that clipped onto the phone, and transmitted at a selected frequency to the radio. I may even have one at the back of a drawer somewhere!
Old Oct 3rd, 2020, 20:15   #6
M88JCP

I'm the same, I hate wires showing.

That's why I thought it would be good to share this, as its completely 'invisible'
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 07:56   #7
domhart10
Volvo S40

ah nice, do you have the USB option as well?

I opted for the Amazon Aleca Auto. You dont need to faf around with any cables whatso ever. All you have to do is plug the alexa auto into your USB socket (if you dont have one, you can get a cigarette USB) and then you plug the Alexa into the AUX.

This then auto pairs with your phone in the Alexa app so that your phone auto connects whenever you walk in and out of the car and everything becomes bluetoothed from your phone.

You can then use the alexa device itself hands free to say directions, to music, to making calls ... or you could just use your phone which is bluetoothed to the device. But for me my phone never comes out of my pocket now, even to change playlists etc.

Defenitly highly recommend as well. I have mine mounted hidden away rather then on the dash where it says.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/echo-auto-a...a-919336852445

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domhart10 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 18:14   #8
M88JCP

Thanks Dom

No unfortunately my car doesn't have the USB port, I have the 6 CD changer instead which is being next to useless!!!

I like the link the Alexa unit you sent across, this will work with just the AUX in socket?
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 07:50   #9
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by M88JCP View Post
Thanks Dom

No unfortunately my car doesn't have the USB port, I have the 6 CD changer instead which is being next to useless!!!

I like the link the Alexa unit you sent across, this will work with just the AUX in socket?

yeh thats correct, the USB is just for the power. So you can either get a cigarett usb socket, or even just a portable power bank hidden in the arm rest.

At the moment im trying to route a cheapo tablet to the dash to bluetooth to the alexa device which should allow a visual map to display via voice command as well. I know you can do this through the 'OK Google' but its starting to get confusing with all these Siri, ok google, alexa, bixby etc etc so going to try keep everything Alexa.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to domhart10 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 08:30   #10
Baxlin
Old Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post

At the moment im trying to route a cheapo tablet to the dash to bluetooth to the alexa device which should allow a visual map to display via voice command as well. I know you can do this through the 'OK Google' but its starting to get confusing with all these Siri, ok google, alexa, bixby etc etc so going to try keep everything Alexa.
But will you still be able to get PopMaster?
😇