Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Mamual to electric seats conversion, help needed

Views : 5409

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2020, 23:31   #11
ampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevolvofox2001 View Post
Hi! Just saw your thread and wanted to give a little insight on a manual to power seat swap. I bought a 2002 Volvo v70 with manual seats. They were worn and gross. So to try things I went to a upull it and got a new seat of front seats out of the same car to put into my p2

The wiring is all there. No need to run any power or grounds. Just plug and play. However. In the drivers side dash fuse box there are 2 30 amp fuses that need to be put in. You will have both power and memory with your seats. If your car does not have heated then that would be something different as the buttons are built onto the heating and ac module. As for the air bags. If still working with them. As far as codes and errors they are all stored into the airbag system. The power seats do not have a code what so ever. So for those looking to do this it will work. Just expect an airbag light
I ended up fitting non electric seats back into mine. I did notice though that the wiring is all there. The multi plug that attaches to the seat is full and wired. The seat itself has missing sockets if no electrics are fitted.
I also concur about the fuses. I was doing a 2012 car. The one thing I was uncertain about is if they have excluded the power seat function in the software on newer models. Has a set of decent electric seats been available I would have gone for it knowing that at least they would work but maybe not the memory. Now, I'll have to rely on someone else trying it.
There should not be an airbag problem as long as the battery is disconnected first and not reconnected until everything is plugged back in.
ampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 13:23   #12
OvLoV008

Hi! I've just become a new owner of a Volvo C70 2008 in the last 3 weeks and 1st job was to convert my badly worn drivers seat from manual to electric. After reading this thread I took the plunge and did it. Full leather seats front and back now, electric driver seat, all electric motions work, nothing needed, plug n play and the memory on the seat works too. I've changed the waterfall console, because the new one had heated seat switches on. The only thing is the heated seats don't work. This could be the fuses as I haven't located them as yet. If anyone knows where they could be, that would be a great help. Thanks. Oh...just to add I've got the air bag light on but that was because I took the passenger seat out to be able to pick up the new seats, I will get round to sorting her. Hope this helps out any confusion on converting from manual to electric :-)
OvLoV008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OvLoV008 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 16:27   #13
Oak

You'll need the software updating to add the seat heating. The easiest/cheapest way to do this is with DICE and VDASH. You will need your CEM decoding first but they can assist with that too - if not other people can offer this service remotely.

The C70 is the P1 platform - See their site for more details

https://d5t5.com/article/volvo-change-configuration
Old Dec 7th, 2023, 07:24   #14
basti92

I didn't want to open another thread for this and think this might fit in here:

I have a 2017 V60 CC with half-leather manual seats with seat heating.
On the weekend a friend of mine managed to throw up on the passenger seat. The rest of the car is fine, but that passenger seat will be difficult to save. Can't get the smell out. I found a used part dealer in the Netherlands close to where I live in Germany, who has plenty of used seats and I'd like to take the opportunity to switch my front seats to full leather seats.

I found two full leather passenger and driver seats from a V60's from 2014 and 2015, both are manual (so I shouldn't have problems with the electrics here) and are heated aswell.
I know how to get the old seats out and the new ones in, but I'm not sure if the seat heating will instantly work. Do I need to switch the Seat heating module over from the old seats to make it work? And do I need to switch anything else over from the old seats?

Thank you and kind regards from Germany
basti92 is offline   Reply With Quote