Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > ETM Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

ETM Issues Discuss issues regarding the problems with ETMs fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BBA Refurb hasn't worked - Help!

Views : 9758

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2011, 12:04   #11
KATANA MAN

Mine is also still not worrking!!!!!

eventually got my ETM back from BBA-reman on Friday, fitted the repaired ETM back to my engine, READ the Stored codes which was P-1026 and then deleted Stored codes. Car would not even turn over on starter motor and same code reappeared on code reader.Took battery off and charged it for 24 hours and refitted battery, RE-read error code and codes had dissappeared, check with reader to see if there were any stored codes which there was not, tried to start engine and still would not turn over on starter, checked starter solonoid connection and fuses and eventually the car started!
I thought great its fixed...........left it idling for 5 mins whilst i re-fitted the battery cover and tool tray and then suddenly the car idle became eratic and the ENGINE SERVICE URGENT warning re-appeared on the dash and now it wont start again and the Code P-1026 has re-appeared! Which was the original code over 2 weeks ago!

Dont know what to do now................Im really p1ssed off and just feel like scrapping the fncking car!
This V70 has been nothing but trouble since I bought it 3 years ago..........2 set of wishbones, AC compressor,3 lamda sensors, and now this.................is code P-1026 definately the throttle body ? or is it something totally diferent?

can anyone phone me to give advice 07941915269

Last edited by KATANA MAN; Jun 5th, 2011 at 12:07. Reason: ad
KATANA MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 20:53   #12
KATANA MAN

I have been trying to sort this all afternoon without success!

I disconnected battery a couple of times for over an hour each time, but as soon as I reconnect the battery the "engine servie urgent " re-appears, even when I erase codes its comes straight back on warning panel.
I have tried unplugging the ETM from the wiring harness and then re-setting the codes......This I can do, and all codes disappear!

Only to re-appear as soon as I plug ETM back into wiring harness.
The car will still run albeit very badly with or without the ETM multi plug , plugged in or disconnected.There is no change in the running of the car with the ETM multiplug, plugged in or out!

But as soon as I do plug it in the fault code P1026 returns!

I still can not find what P1026 fault means!

Does anyone know what P1026 code means?

But I'm almost 100% sure that It has to be the ETM thats at fault!

IT'S GOING BACK IN THE MORNING TO BBA-Reman!

Not happy!
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 21:03   #13
mikealder
VOC Member

Thats two recent refurbs that don't work which doesn't look good, as for bba waiting for parts I wonder if what they have fitted is different to earlier repairs they have carried out.
If you can e-mail bba with a cover e-mail explaining why it doesn't work and include a link to this forum thread, I would if I were in your position.

They should also be sending instructions out with the ETM when they return it, I certainly got an A4 sheet telling me to install it to the car then turn the ignition on for 15 minutes prior to starting the engine, if you don't do this it runs like a bag of nails (RTFM after starting the engine in my case), luckily doing as the instructions said sorted mine out.

Still no idea about P1026 though - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikealder For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 21:09   #14
KATANA MAN

Cheers for your help this afternoon on the phone Mike.............most appreciated!

If only BBA-reman were as helpful!

my ETM is going back and I will be on the phone first thing................i'd better bite my lip or thay'll be getting an ear bashing!
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 16:03   #15
John Cannan
UK Manager, BBA-Reman

Hi Katana Man,

Firstly, I apologise for the problems that you have encountered with the repair of your throttle body by us at BBA.

We have arranged collection of your throttle body under our 2 year warranty scheme, and when we receive the part again we will keep you fully informed of the repair.

To tackle some of the some issues raised in the thread:

At the time of your initial phone call, our customer service rep was unaware that we were about to run out of the parts needed for the repair. This then led to you getting inaccurate information and a long delay in us returning the unit. We do pride ourselves on giving accurate information to customers on turnaround times, but in this case we obviously fell short of our standards.

We do also normally send out advice sheets that detail how to fit the component back into the car. In this case, you didn't receive the advice sheet. Again, this normally happens, but unfortunately this error compounded our previous one. We have now emailed the advice sheet to you. However, as the repair hasn't been successful first time around, we have arranged for the item to come back in under warranty.

Once again, apologies. Thank you for using BBA. I appreciate that you have had a bad experience with us, but we hope to resolve this issue once the part comes back in.

Regards,

John Cannan

UK General Manager, BBA-Reman
John Cannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 18:52   #16
RUTV70
RUTRUNNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cannan View Post
Hi Katana Man,

Firstly, I apologise for the problems that you have encountered with the repair of your throttle body by us at BBA.

We have arranged collection of your throttle body under our 2 year warranty scheme, and when we receive the part again we will keep you fully informed of the repair.

To tackle some of the some issues raised in the thread:

At the time of your initial phone call, our customer service rep was unaware that we were about to run out of the parts needed for the repair. This then led to you getting inaccurate information and a long delay in us returning the unit. We do pride ourselves on giving accurate information to customers on turnaround times, but in this case we obviously fell short of our standards.

We do also normally send out advice sheets that detail how to fit the component back into the car. In this case, you didn't receive the advice sheet. Again, this normally happens, but unfortunately this error compounded our previous one. We have now emailed the advice sheet to you. However, as the repair hasn't been successful first time around, we have arranged for the item to come back in under warranty.

Once again, apologies. Thank you for using BBA. I appreciate that you have had a bad experience with us, but we hope to resolve this issue once the part comes back in.

Regards,

John Cannan

UK General Manager, BBA-Reman

Seems you have some bridges to build (or refurb?) John.!!..but respect and credit for posting and putting your toe in the lion's cage.!

Neil

Previous Volvos...264 auto...loved it.
340 manual...not so loved.
760 auto...loved it.
RUTV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 08:43   #17
KATANA MAN

I have sent mine back to BBA-Reman..............I couldnt clear the fault code inless I unplugged the ETM from the cars wiring, and then I could clear the Code.
But as soon as I plugged it back in " Bang" the code came straight back! Even tried disconnecting battery and leaving for hours and then turning ignition to 2nd Pos..............still run like a bag of the smelly stuff!The car ran the same with the ETM disconnected from car too!

Took BBA-Reman until Tuesday to have it collected after phoning them first thing Monday at 9.00am!

I thought they tested the the ETM before and After they repair it?
And if they can not repair any internal faults they should tell you that before charging £180 for something that does not work!

Thats 3 weeks now without my Car!
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 16:18   #18
KATANA MAN

Well Im NOT a happy man!

BBA-Reman have just phoned me to say they can NOT fix my ETM after all!

Yes, you heard me correctly!

They can NOT fix it!

And that's after having tested it, repaired it tested it again and returned it to me!
And after me returning it to them, they have now re-tested it and found out that it has an internal fault which they can NOT fix.........No sh1t sherlock!

So they have refunded my money and will be sending the ETM back to me!

Well thats a waste of 3 weeks then.................Im now back to square 1 !

Thanks BBA-REMAN !!!!!

I hope nobody else gets treeted like this!
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 17:08   #19
fierceteapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATANA MAN View Post
Well Im NOT a happy man!

BBA-Reman have just phoned me to say they can NOT fix my ETM after all!

Yes, you heard me correctly!

They can NOT fix it!

And that's after having tested it, repaired it tested it again and returned it to me!
And after me returning it to them, they have now re-tested it and found out that it has an internal fault which they can NOT fix.........No sh1t sherlock!

So they have refunded my money and will be sending the ETM back to me!

Well thats a waste of 3 weeks then.................Im now back to square 1 !

Thanks BBA-REMAN !!!!!

I hope nobody else gets treeted like this!
If its true, then you can't completely blame them. Their MD did come on here and do his best, but if its something else that they can't fix then thats tough cookies surely?
fierceteapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 17:11   #20
RUTV70
RUTRUNNER

That's a crap result.!..and why on earth did they not find out it had an "unfixable" internal fault when they first TESTED it 3 weeks ago.???.
Would certainly make me very nervous of using them in future.
I guess your only choice now is to get a new one..and bite the bullet.

Perhaps a further comment from John Cannan of BBA is called for now.????

Neil

Previous Volvos...264 auto...loved it.
340 manual...not so loved.
760 auto...loved it.
RUTV70 is offline   Reply With Quote