Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

IPD Turbo Performance Camshaft -700/900

Views : 3349

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2009, 15:05   #1
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Default IPD Turbo Performance Camshaft -700/900

I have an IPD Turbo Performance camshaft for sale for a head I have purchased. Improves turbo powerband and top end performance.

More information can be found here - http://www.ipdusa.com/product.asp?st...hStartRecord=1

£75 plus shipping

Cheers
Ryan
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 17:19   #2
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

slightly interested , was this dokehs cam ?
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 17:29   #3
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Yep, thats the one.
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 19:16   #4
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Would it work in the B230FK or is it only suitable with the HPT set up?

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 22:18   #5
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

It will work fine but the benefits will be reduced. The greater the boost pressure, the more the benefits come though. That said, you can always fit an HPT actuator to upgrade an lpt to a hpt.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 12:24   #6
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Bumping
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 13:12   #7
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

I can't believe nobody has bought this! If I still had a redblock I'd rip your arms off for this

Good luck with the sale.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 15:51   #8
amaz'in

I'm tempted by this but a bit worried about the low end torque/grunt, I do realise you can't have it all though.

My sports + engine has now done 181,000 but still runs beautifully, but earlier in the year I picked up a 98 engine with just 52k on it, and got the late 98 984 Bosch box with it.

I have a 531 head if you guy's really reckon I would notice the difference and it's worth the aggro, and a Near new Jetex cat backstainless exhaust, all of this making me sound like an expert, all I have done is listened to the Master Chef's here and collected the ingredients.

I want to lose the horrid rusty cat now, not sure of the best route to go about it? it's started to blow up front of exhaust anyway now these last couple of weeks.

J
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 20:21   #9
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

ipd sports cam is a daily driver cam .

deffo worth putting a 531 head on with it .

get a 3 inch downpipe and 3 inch cat .

do you have a 15g turbo ?
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 23:14   #10
amaz'in

Hi Dave,

Well I have the 531 head, about to get a mate to whip it off before the car get's dumped, I gave it to a friend who wanted the wheels providing I retained the 531 head, maybe turbo, intercooler etc?

I will go out to my garage and measure the Jetex in a mo and report back, I didn't buy this for the boy racer factor, it came up on the bay and I just saw it as a good purchase as a stainless exhaust, just happened to be a big bonus on it's diameter...if it is bigger which I'm pretty sure it is.

My plan was (still is?) to buy freds chips, having looked at his site, the ECU's I have in the car are the correct ones, but the 984 which came with the 98 (R Plated) engine is the perfect fast learning and last of it's breed type??

I picked up a set of Big Injectors and a 012 AMM from a local Volvo nut, but having met me, he doesn't think i'm the sort of guy who's after extreme power, and he's correct, so I may hang on to those but not use them this time around.

I reminded him this car is my daily driver, and I did 520 miles in it last week.In fact i did 1420 miles in it in one week a few weeks ago!

He thinks I should put the exhaust on, maybe a bigger turbo, and turn the boost up a bit?

However, a couple of things need sorting 'very' soon, (1) The clutch has started to slip..only in reverse, and while reversing out of a couple of customers steep driveway's, but slipping none the less.

So whats the simplest upgrade route for this, or should I just put a standard new jobbie in and that's fine?

(2)The exhaust is blowing very slightly up front, but have the exhaust from cat back for that, what to do about the cat part, anyone suggestions or tel numbers? can't see the sense in fitting an almost brand new stainless exhaust to a rusty front section? but will my wallet cope?

(3) Those bloody nivomat shocks are driving me mad, the car grounds out on...EVERYTHING! until you cover around 1/2 mile, great when I load it up with my work kit, the plastic wheel arch liners are now worn away close to the top outside edges!! fabulous things once it picks the weight up..but until it does..Argh!!

I have come across Nivo's in the past, but because my car is a sports +/ sports edition, mine have a different part number maybe because of the factory uprated suspension, i.e. 25 mm lower and also stiffer from factory.

So if I buy them they will probably have to be the matching new ones...i.e. just call Sir Alan Sugar to pay for them...the only person who can afford them.

But if i fit Billy's/Spax or whatever I need to change these Nivo type weak springs? is this correct?

Off to garage to measure Jetex...back in 10.

J
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote