Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sunroof noise

Views : 332

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2017, 17:35   #1
Veefor
VOC Member

Default Sunroof noise

I’ve got a really annoying wind noise coming from the sunroof when I accelerate.
It closes fully so it’s not that.
Could it be the rubber seals and if so anybody had them replaced and do they cost an arm and a leg?
Also where could I find some please?
Veefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2017, 18:31   #2
Richard_TD
Master Member

http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts...f-lid/1029380/

Depends how much you value your arms and legs I suppose. You might be able to silence it a bit by adjusting it. IIRC it's supposed to be something like 2mm down at the front and flush at the back.
Old Dec 2nd, 2017, 18:58   #3
daniel mossey

Mine was making wind noise when closed but I think the front was starting to lift as over time the end angle pieces on the front started to crack and break away. In the end the only option was to replace the whole sunroof as parts on some of this sunroof are now obsolete from volvo and Scandix.
I did find a good breakers in wyboston in Bedfordshire along the a1 about 25miles north of welwyn lakes4volvos.. He had a lot of volvos of different years and makes and when I was there I did see a silver v70 r with a sunroof still in it although it seemed to be opened slightly? Maybe someone had been at it already.
Easy to deal with over the phone.
Regards
Dan
daniel mossey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel mossey For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 3rd, 2017, 03:50   #4
jack taylor
Master Member

Hi Veefor, I had wind noise from the sunroof on my 1998 V70. I have no idea how to post a link so look at the post from Lancee of 23 May 2014 wherein he describes how to calibrate the sunroof. Worked for me. Hope this helps. jack
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack taylor For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 4th, 2017, 01:30   #5
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Dan

You must be a miracle worker. On numerous occasions I have spent at least a week trying to get through to Lakes on the phone !!!!!!

Oddly I have never seen the silver R to which you refer, although a front suspension leg did come off it to get mine through her MOT. I know Bernie isn't very happy as numerous bits have apparently disappeared. Seemingly the least of his worries as they are closing down in the next few weeks, never to be seen again.

Given I have a valuation of the site from a reliable source, the brothers' only worry will be how to spend the proceeds !
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote