Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Scary XC60 Polestar

Views : 5176

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 14th, 2022, 13:07   #21
S90
IT Guru

Just to add to this, my V90 doesn't do this, 350bhp, very stable, something must be up?
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 22:46   #22
GrahamHR

My 2005 3.0 V60 Polestar is probably the most stable car I have ever had. It's never given me concern no matter how hard I drive it. I drove it quite hard in the first year I had it ( previous car a Ford Mondeo ST220 estate, which to be honest, had excellent roadholding despite being FWD).
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2023, 10:51   #23
kiwitrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull06 View Post
They are fine. I had the oem pirelli for the same price as the likes of the other upper-mids like Goodyear etc.

Michies were dearer but honestly the Pirelli’s have been fine over the last two years.

The amount of torque steer on this thing I have no doubt that the tyre choice has limited relevance.

I suspect it’s to do with the imbalance between the ice/supercharger/turbo putting 330bhp through the front whilst the electric is trying to put 80 through the rear (numbers all approx) and the car struggles to do that without the frankly huge torque steer.

Embrace it and enjoy it 👍
Yes I just purchased a very tidy 2011 XC60 T6 ..that I got tuned adding 20% more torque and yes the first time doing 100km/h I put the foot to the floor I just about hit the car I was passing purely as I wasn't expecting such torque steer but as you say and is known the Volvo AWD system put most of the power to the front wheels .. within the drive home I did get use to it...had my fair share of powerful rides over the years ... I'm looking at fitting 19x8.5 40ET wheels with 265/50 tyres ...will increase the overall track 50mm ...adding stiffer springs would also claim the movement down one would think
kiwitrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2023, 15:18   #24
xc60T8

I've had a t8 and a t6 and smashing the throttle and turning at the same time is always interesting.

I'm pretty sure rather than combining the petrol and electric power and sending it to all 4 wheels the petrol engine powers the front and then the electric powers the back. Factor in some delays in response that even polestar mods can't get rid of you're always best either making sure you're pointing in a straight line when you do it or just feather it a little bit.
xc60T8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2023, 21:17   #25
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc60T8 View Post
I've had a t8 and a t6 and smashing the throttle and turning at the same time is always interesting.

I'm pretty sure rather than combining the petrol and electric power and sending it to all 4 wheels the petrol engine powers the front and then the electric powers the back. Factor in some delays in response that even polestar mods can't get rid of you're always best either making sure you're pointing in a straight line when you do it or just feather it a little bit.
Agreed !
Mine has a mere 620Nm of combined torque compared with the latest models, but it still gets a bit squirmy sometimes if flooring it when overtaking on poor tarmac.
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote