Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1990 volvo 240 gl estate auto silver automatic

Views : 806

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2010, 15:23   #1
volvo_240

Default 1990 volvo 240 gl estate auto silver automatic

Hello

I am selling my Volvo 240, it is listed on ebay with 12 photographs. Will take offers on it to sell straight away.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-VOLVO-240...item563c76b622

1990 H VOLVO 240 GL ESTATE AUTOMATIC IN SILVER

1 OWNER 20 YEARS SINCE BRAND NEW comes with Volvo owners manual and literature.

SERVICED AT The following intervals by Volvo Dealership 11 MILES, 9910, 20,000, 30,900, 40,031, 48,342, 58,853, 69,677.

Then serviced by the same VOLVO trained specalist mechanic for 17 years

MOT’d until October 19th 2010 MILES AT LAST MOT 223376 MILEAGE NOW 223965 (ONLY DONE 589 MILES IN 7 MONTHS) SO SHOULD FLY THROUGH NEXT MOT

CAR IS NOT TAXED (EXPIRED END OF APRIL) AND IS ON SORN

THE CAR HAS HAD AN INTERMEDIATE SERVICE AT THE LAST MOT AND THE FOLLOWING BRAND NEW PARTS FITTED:

New Alloy Radiator

New cooling belts and power steering belts (drive belts)

New Air Mass sensor

New oil filter and air filter

The Water pump and Cambelt were replaced 200k

CAR ALSO COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING HISTORY

ORIGINAL VEHICLE REGISTRATION DOCUMENT

ORIGINAL VOLVO ORDER FORM SHOWING £172.58 FOR METALLIC PLATE AND £662.21 FOR THE AUTOMATIC GEARBOX

ORIGINAL VOLVO SALES INVOICE THIS VOLVO COST £13600.77 ON 19-10-1990

ORIGINAL VOLVO DELIVERY REPORT

THIS CAR HAS NEVER BEEN FITTED WITH A TOWBAR WHICH IS VERY RARE (BUT I DO HAVE ONE AVAILABLE WHICH THE NEW OWNER WOULD BE WELCOME TO)

THE INTERIOR

Black interior - no rear headrests. Seats are in good condition

Volvo Snow mats fitted from new

Rear Cargo area excellent (see photo)

Electric Front windows

Heated seats

Volvo Radio cassette with original manual

THE EXTERIOR

Overall the car is very clean and tidy and very presentable. The only exception being the inner lips of the rear wheel arches have rust and rust on the tailgate (as in photo). Both of these areas should not be a problem if dealt with in the near future. There is a light scratch on the passengers front door - might t-cut out. The rear tail lights are chipped and dulling but will pass MOT (These are available on ebay or from a breakers yard cheaply)

Although this car has high mileage it has been maintained well - there are no rattles, smoke or leaks. The engine sounds and runs as it should. The automatic gearbox changes smoothly in all four gears. The hold in 3rd gear button works as it should (for towing caravans, horse boxes etc). The brakes are excellent.

This car comes with MOT but untaxed. I can tax at buyers expense (paid in advance).

This Volvo 240 has loads of miles left in it. A day at the weekend sorting the rust and this car is good for another 20 years.

Having said all this, this car is not a show car but needs a new home.
volvo_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:47   #2
laviathan

Can you let me have the contact details of your mechanic please?

Have a job I would like to see if he can do for me.

Good luck with the sale.

Might come over and have a look as following on ebay! Need an estate car rather than my T6 S80.
laviathan is offline   Reply With Quote