Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dealer fit options for an S90

Views : 1316

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2021, 22:23   #1
Tony H

Default Dealer fit options for an S90

Hi all - I joined years ago when I got a C30 but never really posted much.

I've just bought a 67 plate S90 R-Design D4, however it didn't come with all the options I would have liked. (However necessity dictated I trade in my V40 D2 as the engine was exhibiting signs of failure)

The car was advertised as having the winter pack, (I really wanted another car with a heated screen) however when I got there I discovered it didn't (so they knocked another couple of hundred of the price)

Does anyone know if this element of the winter pack can be retrofitted by a dealer? (And if so how much it is likely to cost?)

I'm also interested in the reverse camera and Apple Car play. I know Carplay can be added for about £300 and the main dealer thinks the camera can be added but didn't have a price.

Thanks for your help
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 22:41   #2
Joker2410

Hi there,

I’m afraid I don’t think the heated windscreen can be retrofitted….

I used to work at a Volvo dealer and if I did have a customer want the rear camera fitted on an XC90 (same platform) but I don’t think it could be fitted in isolation, think the front sensors had to be fitted as well.

Things could have changed (been out of the game for 3 years!) so don’t take my word for gospel but my advise would be to go to a Volvo dealer in Glasgow (taggarts I think would be your nearest in Glasgow) and speak to the service department, don’t bother with the sales guys we don’t get commission on service sales so they probably won’t be to bothered in helping much….
Joker2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 22:51   #3
Tony H

Thanks, it was Taggarts who came up with the price for CarPlay, they said that the camera could be fitted as well but didn't have a price.

I commute up and down the A9, and the heated screen has been a godsend in the past.

Although the S90 has been a bit of a compromise in terms of what I wanted, it has been amazing so far (and the power difference over a D2 V40 is astounding)
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 13:37   #4
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Have a3xlook here. Shows what is available after market. The link 8s the page for S90 2017.

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/A...ies?modelID=18

It show the rear view camera for £695.

You need to scroll down thecpage to find it.

hth
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 17:27   #5
Tony H

Thanks, but I don't have user credentials for that site
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 20:33   #6
Joker2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
Thanks, it was Taggarts who came up with the price for CarPlay, they said that the camera could be fitted as well but didn't have a price.

I commute up and down the A9, and the heated screen has been a godsend in the past.

Although the S90 has been a bit of a compromise in terms of what I wanted, it has been amazing so far (and the power difference over a D2 V40 is astounding)
I have done that road so many times…

It’s just so boring after Perth, always put that sat nav on so I can see the miles counting down!

If it’s clearing the windscreen in the morning your worried about, get the volvo on call setup, you can get the car to warm up before you get in so the car should be defrosted by the time you get in.

Have you played with the pilot assist yet? Will make the trips on the A9 bit more easier also I think your year still had the head lights with the shadow technology which will be great on that journey at night as well.

If your looking for upgrades, can really recommend the polestar upgrade, will give you more power and torque which will help with the overtaking.
Joker2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 21:44   #7
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Thanks, but I don't have user credentials for that site
Sorry I don't know what happened to the link, it is an open site.

Try this link

or this one

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/

Then select saloon and then S90 and your model year
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 21:56   #8
Tony H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker2410 View Post
I have done that road so many times…

It’s just so boring after Perth, always put that sat nav on so I can see the miles counting down!

If it’s clearing the windscreen in the morning your worried about, get the volvo on call setup, you can get the car to warm up before you get in so the car should be defrosted by the time you get in.

Have you played with the pilot assist yet? Will make the trips on the A9 bit more easier also I think your year still had the head lights with the shadow technology which will be great on that journey at night as well.

If your looking for upgrades, can really recommend the polestar upgrade, will give you more power and torque which will help with the overtaking.
I've just upgraded from D2 V40.... I'm already dizzy with power! I have used pilot assist it is a bit disconcerting when it starts to steer for you.

My car seems to be a pretty basic R-Design it has active high beam not shadow tech and doesn't have volvo on call either.

I would have held out for longer, but the imminent demise of my V40 forced the purchase.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 21:59   #9
Tony H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov04v View Post
Sorry I don't know what happened to the link, it is an open site.

Try this link

or this one

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/

Then select saloon and then S90 and your model year
Both those links just go to a login page as well, but thanks for trying
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 22:02   #10
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Both those links just go to a login page as well, but thanks for trying
Weird, from here it takes me to the page with no problem. Try typing the second link address into your browser search rather than using the link.

Anyway retro-fitting your rear view camera is possible according to the listinb g at a cost of whatever I said in my first reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post: