Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2000/1 V40 1.8i for sale

Views : 923

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2017, 18:11   #1
choosy54
Dangerous Dave.

Default 2000/1 V40 1.8i for sale

It's time for my old faithful V40 to go to a new home. I now have a V40 1.9ds so have no need for the GDI.
V40 1.8 GDI estate in metallic burgundy. MOT till may 14th 2018. I have just renewed the rear calipers, discs and pads. 9 months ago she had rear shocks & springs. Front discs and pads were replaced the same time as the rear springs and shocks.
230 odd thousand miles on the clock. I have serviced her religiously every 6000 miles and I have had her for a little over two years. I bought it with 219,000 miles an the clock.
The only thing that doesn't work is the AC, it hasn't since I bought it.

I shall be sorry to see the old girl go but I can't keep both (orders).

Give me £475 and drive it away.

Last edited by choosy54; Oct 26th, 2017 at 18:15.
choosy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 10:37   #2
choosy54
Dangerous Dave.

Everybody is looking but not interested, why?
If this thing doesn't go within 2 weeks then I shall use it for parts for my other one.

This car drives brilliantly and is solid as a rock.
It will go through another MOT without any other work being done to it.

Want pictures? Ask !
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 11:34   #3
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosy54 View Post
Everybody is looking but not interested, why?
If this thing doesn't go within 2 weeks then I shall use it for parts for my other one.

This car drives brilliantly and is solid as a rock.
It will go through another MOT without any other work being done to it.

Want pictures? Ask !
I'm with you choosy, are we in the wrong place at the wrong time? I've got a mate who had a V40 for 5 years slogged and flogged everywhere he was a Chippy(carpenter),he sold it because he was bored with it and wouldn't be educated..........so ........he bought a Renault Megain!!!!!! biggest pile of rubbish with aircon/heater probs,engine management, breather issues money down the drain.
Now he's gone back to a............ Volvo V70 !!! and yes for the smart guys I'm fully aware that Volvo use Renault engines but I think Volvo's spec is better from experience..................OK now we wait for the fallout.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 22:35   #4
choosy54
Dangerous Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosy54 View Post
It's time for my old faithful V40 to go to a new home. I now have a V40 1.9ds so have no need for the GDI.
V40 1.8 GDI estate in metallic burgundy. MOT till may 14th 2018. I have just renewed the rear calipers, discs and pads. 9 months ago she had rear shocks & springs. Front discs and pads were replaced the same time as the rear springs and shocks.
230 odd thousand miles on the clock. I have serviced her religiously every 6000 miles and I have had her for a little over two years. I bought it with 219,000 miles an the clock.
The only thing that doesn't work is the AC, it hasn't since I bought it.

I shall be sorry to see the old girl go but I can't keep both (orders).

Give me £475 and drive it away.
My mistake, I have had this car for 4 years. How time flies when you have a car that you can rely upon.
Old Nov 2nd, 2017, 08:13   #5
choosy54
Dangerous Dave.

Default Disgusting !!

Well guys and dolls. As a 'community' of Volvo owners and enthusiasts, "you stink".
I have seen people asking some basic requests for information and help and all they attract is derision and facetious comments. Why become a member if all you are going to do is sit on the sidelines and take the **** ?

I am a mechanic of 40 years standing and I am always willing to help anybody in need. Yes, I am of the old school with manners and honour towards my fellow man.

Oh and by the way, I AM stripping my GDI down of new parts to fit to my diesel vehicle.
I would rather crush the thing than sell it to some of the monkeys on here.

Bye !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to choosy54 For This Useful Post: