Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Christmas greetings.

Views : 1090

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 15th, 2017, 09:02   #1
arcturus
arcturus

Default Christmas greetings.

I'm off on a Christmas break so to all of you have a great Christmas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC090118_02.jpg (216.0 KB, 40 views)
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 12:16   #2
old fart
Master Member

And a Merry Christmas from me too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1805.jpg (270.8 KB, 27 views)
old fart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to old fart For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 06:15   #3
JC T ONE

Default Merry Christmas

And a Merry Christmas from me too.
JC T ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JC T ONE For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2017, 02:29   #4
Tint

I too off to warmer climbs so have a festive YuleTide from I
",)
Tint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tint For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2017, 03:27   #5
c1800
Master Member

Happy holidays to all. Thanks for the help all year long.

Last edited by c1800; Dec 19th, 2017 at 03:31.
c1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to c1800 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2017, 21:37   #6
VolvoFan
Master Member

Likewise, I'm sure; and a happy, trouble-free Volvoing 2018 to all Volvo fans everywhere.
VolvoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VolvoFan For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2017, 08:40   #7
cam
Premier Member

Smile

Happy Christmas everyone have a great time,cam sheila jack.
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2017, 11:09   #8
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

...may your Batteries be fully charged, and your SUs never overflow!

Merry Christmas to all, from Connecticut!
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Kwas For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2017, 22:42   #9
CLIVERALLY
Master Member

Merry Christmas from me and my " P"

"Lets turn up the juice and see what shakes loose"
CLIVERALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CLIVERALLY For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2017, 19:42   #10
blueosprey90
Master Member

Today, December 23rd at 3:30 p.m. is the official start of my holiday shopping season. It runs until 9:00.

I can't wait to get started! First, I enhance my spirit with healthy doses of rum laced egg nog during the early afternoon. (I'm doing that first step right now!) Then it's off to the first of several stops to shop for a tree. By today, they will be picked over pretty well, and my choices will be clear. The only question is how expensive they are. So, I'll probably stop at 4 or 5 places (mostly fire departments and churches and charitable places raising money for food for the homeless) to see what's available. If I can get a tree for $5.00 or less, I'll be done. If not, I'll do a second loop around. My "friends" staffing the fire department tree lot are sure to close up at dusk and head to the bar for a holiday spirit. Once they're gone and in their cups, I can probably pick up a tree for next to nothing.

It used to be more fun when the kids were little. I'd pack them into the car - mom has them all bundled up in snow suits with their arms sticking straight out and a side to side gait that induced a lot of falling down on snowy surfaces. We'd spend about an hour or so shopping for a tree on December 23rd - one of two goals in mind - either to get the cheapest tree we could find or to get the first one we see priced for less than $8.00. In the later case, much haggling ensued, since the kids were advised to complain about any shortcomings or deficiencies that they noticed in the tree before the deal was a struck. With luck, I could get the cost down to $2.00 - especially if I avoided the tree wrap and tie down and simply stuffed the thing into the back seat. Usually that meant lots of brown needles in the car until I finally traded it in! But seeing those brown needles just brought pleasant feelings throughout the year as I recalled the wonders of Christmas past.

Alas, the kids are all grown up and I'm on my own. On top of that, the cost of "fresh cut" trees is way up. Prices north of $75.00 are not unheard of. This puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on me! Since when does money grow on trees?

Yesterday, I came home to walk the dog, and I noticed that Julio, the neighbor across the street, had put up a tree with blue and red lights on his front porch. That had maybe been there for several weeks, but I hadn't noticed until I saw him putting fake presents under the tree (well I assumed they were fake, but maybe I better go check!). That gave me a great idea - well at least a back-up plan. I can bring my lawn furniture over and a bottle of schnapps and celebrate the holiday on his front porch! And if I can't find just the right tree during today's shopping spree, I'm still golden - plus I can avoid the entire tree decorating step!

As I type, the neighbor's tree plan appeals to me more and more. With some smooth talking and cajoling, I can probably overcome the wife's skepticism - assuming that it stops raining.

But I digress. By 4:30, it's time to head to the mall. Traffic should be going in the opposite direction and parking shouldn't be much of a problem - although sometimes there are other men in my situation - bedraggled guys whose planning for the season is a close match to mine. We will be wild eyed as we rush from store to store shopping for the wives. (I don't think that bachelors need to suffer this routine every year.) Anything decent in normal sizes is well picked over and we struggle to find just the right gift. That "frenzy of holiday shopping" always described on the news - well, now we know what they're talking about!

Since selection and price are both of critical importance, whether I will find any gift at all is open to debate. I'll declare an end to my 2017 holiday shopping season with a final stop at Harbor Freight. To avoid coming home empty handed, I'll pick up a few tools (maybe an impact gun or set of metric sockets) that I'll try to pawn off as the wife's Christmas presents. Then it's back home for a double or triple "restorative" to recuperate while I either a) decorate the brown needled tree or b) wander off to the neighbor's front porch to celebrate the holiday season.

Merry Christmas everybody! Stay safe!
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueosprey90 For This Useful Post: