Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Intermittent ABS/ESP warning V60 D6

Views : 209

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 22nd, 2024, 11:18   #1
Japster

Default Intermittent ABS/ESP warning V60 D6

Hi,

Whilst away this weekend I had an ABS/ESP Service required warning whilst driving that disabled AWD and Pure mode in my V60 D6.

It also seemed to limit the power of the engine whilst it was present.
When it came to towing my caravan back home the next day, the error had disappeared, only to come back around 20 miles into my journey.

After dropping of the caravan in storage the error disappeared again and has stayed off since.

I don't think its related to the caravan as the 1st time it happened I wasn't towing.

Scanned for errors with Car Scanner App and OBDCII dongle and nothing showing, do I need to scan when the ABS warning light is on to get the error code?

Suspect a wheel speed sensor, but can't be sure as it keeps clearing itself.

Any help appreciated
Old May 22nd, 2024, 13:32   #2
b1mcp

A code will be stored even after the fault clears and dash message disappears.

You probably need something more sophisticated than Car Scanner. Most cheap scanners/apps can only read Power Train related codes (Pnnnn).
The Following User Says Thank You to b1mcp For This Useful Post:
Old May 23rd, 2024, 08:56   #3
piotrek

Make sure to select correct connection profile in the app: Volvo V60 D6 PHEV

That profile should read errors in more modules, show D6 hybrid battery parameters, DPF soot content, etc. And - most important - it will show speed at each wheel separately in real time, from ABS sensors.

You should set up a dashboard page with all four wheel speeds, then monitor while driving, or check the graphs after the trip in Data Recording.

Last edited by piotrek; May 23rd, 2024 at 08:59.
piotrek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piotrek For This Useful Post:
Old May 23rd, 2024, 13:40   #4
Japster

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrek View Post
Make sure to select correct connection profile in the app: Volvo V60 D6 PHEV

That profile should read errors in more modules, show D6 hybrid battery parameters, DPF soot content, etc. And - most important - it will show speed at each wheel separately in real time, from ABS sensors.

You should set up a dashboard page with all four wheel speeds, then monitor while driving, or check the graphs after the trip in Data Recording.
Piotrek,

That's a great idea, thanks. I've just setup a dashboard for the trip home with all 4 wheel speed sensors on.

Was on the correct profile so was half way there!

Cheers

Tags
abs light, v60 2017