Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 602705

Replies : 2692

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2023, 09:13   #2641
Lurpdog101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivixter View Post
So further to my issues reported a while back, the car is booked in with Volvo tomorrow to be looked at. However, I decided to put some premium diesel in the car and since then the engine warning light has gone off. Whether the light going off and the change in fuel are related I dont know, but the light has been off for about 3 weeks now.

I did clear the error first time it happened and it was ok for a couple of weeks then came up again, but this time I left it so that Volvo could see it on.

My question is, do I still keep the appointment with Volvo tomorrow and pay the 99 quid for them to basically read the codes that I have already read, its about a 3 week wait time to get a booking with Volvo which is a bit of a pain.

I rang Volvo and the guy helpfully said its upto me.
Personally I would leave the appointment in…just in case, as no guarantee it would not come back but that’s just me. £100 not bad as I got told initiall it would be £165 to do that by my Volvo dealer! ….although good to hear about the premium diesel.
Lurpdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lurpdog101 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 11:35   #2642
scissors

Quote:
So further to my issues reported a while back, the car is booked in with Volvo tomorrow to be looked at. However, I decided to put some premium diesel in the car and since then the engine warning light has gone off. Whether the light going off and the change in fuel are related I dont know, but the light has been off for about 3 weeks now.

I did clear the error first time it happened and it was ok for a couple of weeks then came up again, but this time I left it so that Volvo could see it on.

My question is, do I still keep the appointment with Volvo tomorrow and pay the 99 quid for them to basically read the codes that I have already read, its about a 3 week wait time to get a booking with Volvo which is a bit of a pain.

I rang Volvo and the guy helpfully said its upto me.
Yes, definitely keep the appointment. The problem isn't going to go away and will surely rear its head soon. Let us know how you get on.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 08:39   #2643
Rivixter

So after my lovely morning spent at Volvo, they concluded that I need a new inlet manifold and egr cooler. They are now in the process of submitting a goodwill claim.

Also came up in the health check was and oil leak from the cam end cap seal. Could anyone enlighten me as to what this is or where its located?
Rivixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 09:30   #2644
Pointer7

Hi Rivixter,

I had my Inlet manifold replaced last week by Volvo and they paid 100% of the cost, mine is a 2014 S60 D4 with full Volvo history so a good chance you'll also get 100% cover, glad they agreed to pay the full amount as it would have been £725!

Mine had the EGR Cooler/Valve fault in 2019 when it was 5 years old, Volvo paid for the EGR cooler but I had to pay 50% of the EGR valve which was around £250. The car at that time had only done 54,000 miles
Pointer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 10:15   #2645
Rivixter

Mine has a full service history, although its not a volvo one.
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 11:34   #2646
Lurpdog101

Quote:
Mine has a full service history, although its not a volvo one.
Mine is currently in today for EGR cooler repair, which Volvo have said they will cover 100%, mine has 10 service stamps (full) with 4 being Volvo, rest independent and they covered 100% for EGR cooler…although could be also as I paid £1300 to have the EGR valve replaced in December. I know there is a small oil leak in mine too, but rocker valve cover was replaced last September….but still a drip or 2 apparantly….wondering if they will find a manifold issue too today then

Last edited by Lurpdog101; Feb 21st, 2023 at 11:37.
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 11:38   #2647
Pointer7

My manifold issue was only found because it was in for a service and they plugged it in to do a software update which flagged up a "manifold runner fault"
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 12:07   #2648
Lurpdog101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer7 View Post
My manifold issue was only found because it was in for a service and they plugged it in to do a software update which flagged up a "manifold runner fault"
Ah cool. Not had any of those errors luckily. Just the EGR cooler!
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 13:29   #2649
Pointer7

The car ran fine with no engine light or anything, it must have been a stored fault code.

I have a feeling that they were going to let me pay for it as it was on the health check as chargeable and they still didn't mention it when I picked the car up until I said "I'm sure that was part of a recall"
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 13:43   #2650
Rivixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer7 View Post
The car ran fine with no engine light or anything, it must have been a stored fault code.

I have a feeling that they were going to let me pay for it as it was on the health check as chargeable and they still didn't mention it when I picked the car up until I said "I'm sure that was part of a recall"
Yeah, they where not going to say anything about goodwill until I mentioned it to them.

Is that Holden in Norwich you went to?