Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 d5 se-lux 2015 geartronic + winter pack

Views : 871

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 20th, 2023, 23:48   #1
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Default Xc60 d5 se-lux 2015 geartronic + winter pack

2015 XC60 D5 SE LUX AWD GEARTRONIC + WINTER PACK

You are looking at my 2015 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD SE LUX - this is my car, I have owned it for over three years, this is a genuine private sale.

The car has a private plate on it - this week it will go back to the original VRM of PY15HDN.

The car is near Beverley, East Yorkshire and can be viewed and collected from there.

Firstly - the potentially bad points :

- This is a 2015MY Euro 5 car so does not qualify for free entry into most ULEZ/Clear air zones (Birmingham, London, etc.)

- It's covered 150,000 miles

- There are some bodywork issues

If you're still reading - the rest is all good...

This is the D5 engine, the most powerful available at that time, that runs very well and pulls strongly. It has the Geartronic automatic gearbox that's all good with Sport and Manual modes. The gearbox had a fluid change and software refresh when I bought it in 2019.

The specification is SE-LUX with the added option of the Winter Pack. This was the highest specification available, you get full leather (heated front seats), heated windscreen, very powerful Bi-Xenon headlights, digital intruments (much better than the old clocks on poverty models), great sound system with I-Pod/I-phone connectivity, Bluetooth, in-built hard disk, USB, CD Player, DAB/FM radio, SAT NAV, built in phone control, and voice activated functions. It also has the power tailgate, and of course the usual, alloy wheels, climate control, daytime running lights etc. It has a full set of genuine Volvo winter rubber mats and a tow bar.

The car has service history as follows.

Lloyd Volvo, Carlisle, Full Services at 17,672 miles; 38,535; 49,521; 71,627; 91,605.

Voltech Motors, Hull, Full Services at 109,805 (incl. cambelt); 128,244

It was serviced by myself at 146k with genuine Volvo oil, air, fuel & pollen filter with genuine Volvo oil. If you read my posts on this forum, I hope you would think I know my way around these cars.

It wants for nothing, in my ownership (3.5 years/52,000 miles) in addition to the scheduled servicing it has had new brake discs and pads both front and rear (genuine Volvo parts), two new rear springs (genuine Volvo), a new battery and a brake light bulb. That's it. It also has a set of matching winter tyres with 80% tread remaining. Mechanically I believe this car is genuinely without fault and drives very well with taught handling and no rattles or knocks. It has never let me down in any way.

The bodywork is generally good with few signs of age and mileage but has the following defects :

- There is a dent in the off side rear quarter panel just below the fuel filler cap, see the pictures. The paint is not damaged and I've had a quote for £250+vat for a paintless dent removal though he did say he wasn't 100% confident he could get it perfect.

- There are rust spots on the wheel arch of the drivers front wing - typical XC60 issue where the wheel arch liner rubs

- There are rust spots on the leading edge of the roof where it meets the windscreen - presumably from stonechips

I'm offering this car as it stands for £7,000 - take it or leave it. If it doesn't sell in two weeks I'll get the bodywork issues repaired and go again.

Viewing recommened near Cottingham, East Yorkshire - payment terms are bank transfer (you can pay cash into my bank at the local post office) and I will be filling in the V5.

Reason for sale is I need a 7 seat vehicle now so have gone back to an XC90 (bought one in January...)

Priced at £7,000 which I think makes it the cheapest facelift XC60 available anywhere right now (remember when looking at D4 versions most are only 2 wheel drive). If it doesn't sell in 2 weeks, I will book it into a bodyshop for the dents and defects to be sorted and then put it on Autotrader/E-bay.

How this rolls - you come to view the car, if you like it you transfer £7,000 to my bank and drive it home.

If you're interested - PM me, if you have <30 messages then leave a note on here and I will message you.

Please do not mess me about, I don't waste peoples time and I ask the same courtesy.

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Mar 20th, 2023 at 23:54.
Tannaton is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tannaton For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2023, 21:46   #2
xc60sun

Hi have any of these advisories been addressed?
xc60sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2023, 23:31   #3
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Nope.

The rear anti roll bar links (or rather the rubber bush where they connect) are perishing but this is a very simple cheap job. The links themselves are fine, it’s the two rubber bushes that are perishing. Now I’ve been reminded I’m minded to order these and fit them.

The front advisories relate to the bushes on the wishbones and they’re fine, I think the tester was being picky.

If it’s dry tomorrow I’ll post some more pics of the parts the advisories pertain to.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is online now   Reply With Quote