Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 D2 Powershift Auto start/stop not working

Views : 15536

Replies : 77

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 11:57   #11
ian77

Quote:
Originally Posted by V60 Drive View Post
There is quite a list of criteria that have to be met before the s/s works, but to be honest mine will stop most of the time after the car has driven a few miles. Annoyingly it often stops after a couple of miles and then starts straight away
Pleased to see someone else other than me has encountered the mysterious stop then start straight away phenomenon when cold. Mine has done it since new and only in cold weather-in summer it's fine. Normally when the stop-start autostarts the my car menu tells you why but in this case it just claims the system is available. My Sheffield dealer claims this is normal but no other loan car I've had does it which makes me suspicious. Either the system is working ok in which case the reason should be available on screen or its not working properly at all. Either way something is amiss in my book!
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:44   #12
bigals55

Default Sheffield

Looks like we have the same Sheffied dealer. After the help given by MTilling of Northampton Volvo(earlier post) I have this morning discovered my problem is due to "battery charging" as shown in My Car, DRIVe. Apparently due to a secondary battery not getting fully charged in cold weather. Pity Sheffield didn't explain this to me.
bigals55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 22:02   #13
V60 Drive

Ian77 - mine has only started doing this since about 6 months old, never did it from new. The s/s also threw a wobbly once when it stopped, wipes came on and would only restart when I pressed the start button.
As its never done it again it can wait til the first service for the dealer to look into it

V60 DRIVe MY12 Passion Red
V60 Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 14:51   #14
bigals55

Default problem solved

After 2 days away with my car still not stop/starting I phoned my dealer and spoke to service manager, Terry. He told me to bring it in when I returned which I did yesterday afternoon. Lo and behold after about 10 minutes he came to tell me the battery test had failed and they were replacing it with a new one. So far no problems. Many thanks to Marc Tilling for pointing me in the right direction.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 16:29   #15
CombatMonkey

Glad to hear you got it sorted!
CombatMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 13:58   #16
Graham 10

Default Problem Solved

Hope the problem is solved - mine has been in twice so far and the stop/start is again not working. Always the same problem 'battery charging' but it never does. I will be booking it in again tomorrow for dealers third attempt at a fix.
Graham 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 21:27   #17
bigals55

Default Same problem again

I spoke too soon. After performing perfectly for a week the problem has started again. Same reason given (recharging battery). Took car to dealer. Terry (service manager) was busy and people tried to fob me off with other reasons. However, after putting it on computer Terry came to say they needed the car for 2 days as a problem had shown up.
This time the stop/start problem is intermittent, working sometimes and not others.
Never had this problem with my Audi A4 stop/start.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 20:08   #18
ian77

Just had the same issue myself today, Start Stop not working at all today with the reason given as "battery charging". See how it pans out over the next few days but I reckon a trip to the stealer is on the cards, armed with the advice on here!
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 20:20   #19
Graham 10

Unhappy Repeat Problem

Mine is not working for the third time 'battery charging' when I phoned my dealer they came up with the suggestion that I switch off the driv-e at start up and then switch it on again after about 10 minutes when stopped. Needless to say this did not work. They are now suggesting that Volvo has a fix involving a change of sensor. The car is booked in for week on Thursday so we'll see what happens this time. Not impressed though.
Graham 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 22:03   #20
ian77

Car has been into the dealer today. Apparently they've seen this before and sometimes the computer seems to get confused and the battery doesn't get above 70% charge preventing the system working. They've reset it and its working again, for now. Sounds to me like some form of software bug and I assume thins kind of thing gets reported back to Volvo...