Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY14 Active High Beam problem

Views : 1308

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 18:39   #1
baconrasher
Just a member

Default XC60 MY14 Active High Beam problem

My MY14 XC60 developed a fault with the Active High Beam a couple of months ago. I brought it up at the service (around a month ago) - I occasionally also got a fault for the ABL. They replaced the light controller, but the Active High beam Fault remained.

The fault is that the left-hand light isn't active - the right hand one works as normal, and the dashboard light acts normally. For example, following a car the blue light is on, with a high beam to the right (but not left) of the car. If a car comes the other way the right hand beam drops to dip, blue light remains on, but of course the left hand beam never stopped being dipped so effectively all lights are dipped (but the blue light is on - so the system thinks that the left-hand beam is active).

I dropped it into the dealer (MRG in Chippenham) a few days after the service and they said no fault found. It went in again on Monday for another go - still no fault found. Talking to the technician, it is clear that he has never been in a car with the system and has no idea how it is supposed to work!

Has anybody else had a similar problem - if so how was it fixed? My guess is that the shutter on the bi-xenon is a stepper motor, with no feedback to the controlling computer (hence no fault code) and that a new headlamp unit is required to fix. Ideas?

Bacon
baconrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 20:54   #2
UKDave

I'd check the canbus connection to the light. I assume all the cameras are OK?
Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 23:12   #3
baconrasher
Just a member

Canbus is a good idea - although you would have thought it would come up with a fault code if it is faulty. Cameras - not sure how you would know - everything else works OK.

Thanks for the suggestions

Bacon
baconrasher is offline   Reply With Quote