Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 PowerPulse AWD

Views : 2193

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 16th, 2016, 09:57   #1
basoom

Default D5 PowerPulse AWD

Hi

Its looks like MY17 is now available to order in the UK
Volvo web site just been updated
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 10:14   #2
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoom View Post
Hi

Its looks like MY17 is now available to order in the UK
Volvo web site just been updated
GREAT!!! thanks for the info.
mrlossyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 10:16   #3
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
GREAT!!! thanks for the info.
But no prices?
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 10:30   #4
basoom

Smile

Selling for free
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 10:37   #5
Lexman8
Premier Member

Just spoken to my local dealer. He's hoping to have prices by the end of the week.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 10:45   #6
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Just spoken to my local dealer. He's hoping to have prices by the end of the week.
The Volvo site seems to list the old model in places, with no details of the new Spotify integration, Pilot assist 2, or the new 235hp engine. It will be nice to discover all the changes for the 2017 model as I've been holding off my order for the last month.

As per my choice, I was going for the R design in bursting blue but I'm sorting of heading more for the premium silver. What's your thoughts on the colour, I've not seen an R design or either colour!
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 11:15   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

I also have been holding off from ordering until I knew exactly what the changes were. The dealer I spoke to earlier absolutely confirmed PA II up to 80mph and the new D5 engine. He said he expected a base price increase of around £700.

I'm torn between several colours and I really want to see each one on a car. In the past I've chosen a colour from a card/sample only to find that it didn't look quite like what I expected when I picked up the car.

Bursting Blue looks good in the pics. I had a Lexus RX in silver that looked similar to the Premium Silver. The great thing about that colour was it always looked pretty good even when it hadn't been washed for a while. This is in stark contrast to the black Merc I have now which always looks like it needs a wash. My mate has a black R-Design which looks cool but keeping it looking good is a constant chore.
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 11:54   #8
mrlossyman

Quote:
I also have been holding off from ordering until I knew exactly what the changes were. The dealer I spoke to earlier absolutely confirmed PA II up to 80mph and the new D5 engine. He said he expected a base price increase of around £700.

I'm torn between several colours and I really want to see each one on a car. In the past I've chosen a colour from a card/sample only to find that it didn't look quite like what I expected when I picked up the car.

Bursting Blue looks good in the pics. I had a Lexus RX in silver that looked similar to the Premium Silver. The great thing about that colour was it always looked pretty good even when it hadn't been washed for a while. This is in stark contrast to the black Merc I have now which always looks like it needs a wash. My mate has a black R-Design which looks cool but keeping it looking good is a constant chore.
I'll never have a black car again, had an Audi s4, TT in met black and it looked dirty after washing it! Showed up every scratch swirl etc! £700 seems a steep increase so I'm hoping for some extra's. Another post is saying LED's are no longer standard but I can't see this on the site.
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 12:20   #9
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
£700 seems a steep increase so I'm hoping for some extra's. Another post is saying LED's are no longer standard but I can't see this on the site.
Adaptive Cruise, Lane Keeping Aid and Queue Assist (together known as Pilot Assist) are now standard (previously they were part of Intellisafe Pro at £1,500). BLIS was also part of the Intellisafe pack but is now a separate option.

It looks like LED headlamps are no longer standard because they're now part of the 'Winter Plus' pack. I assume HIDs will be fitted as standard now.

If the price increase is only £700 I'll be slightly relieved. That's 1.4% on a £50k car and is roughly the same as UK inflation. I feared the increase would be more given that the £ has fallen nearly 10% against the € over the last year.
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 12:36   #10
eax

Quote:
...I feared the increase would be more given that the £ has fallen nearly 10% against the € over the last year.
Sweden has a different currency. They are not part of the Euro currency. So could be why the change is not as steep as expected...
eax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eax For This Useful Post: