Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your S80/V70/XC70 today?

Views : 539562

Replies : 489

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 23rd, 2017, 10:35   #71
Freelancer

After arsing about for 3 weeks trying to get the screen washers working correctly, 2 brand new ones arrived from Skandix this morning. Hallelujah we know have fully working heated jets.
To be honest I think it was me that screwed them up in the 1st place by trying to adjust them / clean them out with a pin :-(
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 22:15   #72
Cubbington

Not just today, but the last couple of weeks work...

Mainly detailing, detailing, and more detailing!

While it’s a bit of a tatty wagon, it can still be cleaned...

Today - Mud/dirt/algae from inside edges of rear tailgate lights cleaned, tailgate alignment adjusted as the slight misalignment was niggling me(!), big dead spider removed from rear indicator (Blu-Tac tipped screwdriver was the perfect tool), inner tailgate trim and high level brake light removed to remove big dead bug (found that not all clips were in place, so refitted correctly and another rattle gone!), leather thoroughly cleaned and fed, various interior panels cleaned.

Work in progress since purchase - After removing almost as much as I ate on Christmas Day from the various nooks and crannies around the steering wheel and centre console left by the previous owner, I’m almost starting to see a nice interior...may attack the carpets and grubby headliner tomorrow...or may just give it a rest and go to the pub!

Hunter 4 wheel alignment completed yesterday, and even after having road-force balancing done just before Christmas which revealed 3 wheels are slightly buckled, there’s virtually no vibration at any speed now, the alignment helped no end...wheels to be refurbed and straightened when the weather gets better.

Both broken battery & passenger side headlight access covers replaced, along with replacing old and discoloured bulbs with Philips X-Treme Vision Gen 2 DS2 bulbs...Even after the standard LED headlights I had in my previous car, the bending xenon headlights in this car are the way to go!

Annoying rattle at motorway speeds tracked down to loose plastic underbody cover in front of passenger side rear wheel; a nut tightened and no rattle - it sounded like it was coming from front footwell to passengers, and from the front passenger door to me when driving!

‘Carbox’ plastic bootliner with bumper protector arrived today, and hopefully engine cover rubber grommets & interior mirror trim will arrive in the next couple of days, so there’s another couple of little jobs done!

Got a scuff to sort along the passenger side - caught a branch that had been pulled down by the snow before Christmas. Luckily it’s not deep, but I’m expecting Volvo paint to be pretty hard, and it’s too damn cold to deal with now!

Starting to appreciate the relatively low cost of minor interior/trim components in comparison to BMW & Mercedes!!!
Cubbington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 17:03   #73
Cubbington

Engine cover rubber grommets and rear window trim clips fitted.

Another interior rattle gone, and the engine sounds quieter but more throaty, aggressive and engine-like when putting my foot down; it’s hard to explain, but it almost sounded hollow and like a putt-putt engine with the loose engine cover.

Just ordered diadem chrome indicator bulbs for the rear lights and mirrors to get rid of the fried egg look, and Philips headlight lens restoration kit.
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 21:01   #74
Longman

Today we finally fixed my smoking S80 (D5) intercooler was blown!
End result-much improved performance and I’ve yet to establish a much hoped for improvement in mpg figures- I was down to low 20’s (ouch)
Have to say it all went surprisingly well and I’m impressed how the car is put together. Having previously been a dare I say Rover owner lol
These things are far better built and it’s a refreshing change to work on something that doesn’t fall apart in your hands when you’re attempting anything!
Next on the agenda- fix broken arm rest lid,and replace marker lights on the front wings,finally fit my dash cam and work out a way to get iPod set up with or without the factory stereo lol
Regards
Chris
Longman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 22:04   #75
skippyfox
VOC Member

Give it a damn good thrash down the M65 and then treated it to a valet at the local Romanian car spa, and a good job they did
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 03:13   #76
Waynedance

Added heated washer jets....
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 22:38   #77
Waynedance

New decals turned up from the states.

Only needed the badge for the centre of the steering wheel but ended up ordering a few other bits. Got domed ones for the front grill and wheel centres, magnetic flag and moose edition for the rear and one for interior.

Not to everyone's liking but thing it will look ok.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mZ53SM5CQ8C6fWqm2
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 14:13   #78
Waynedance

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IEb4EtKJlmzZTeMj2

Not sure about the rear ones but there magnetic so can come off.
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 07:06   #79
Cubbington

Aircon checked, serviced and pollen filter replaced - no problems found, just a little low on gas.

After cleaning out a load of dead leaves and from around the top of the engine a few weeks ago, I thought I'd look in the air filter box...vacuumed half a dead tree out of there too!

And more detailing; this time bodywork really cleaned with Auto Finesse ObliTARate & Gyeon Q2m Iron, then polished with Meguiars Ultra Cut 105.

Trims dressed with Autoglym bumper and trim gel, tyres dressed with Swissvaz Pneu, and today I'll protect the bodywork with Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.

I reckon I'll get another 10mpg after the removal of half a ton of tar, and clearing it's throat

It's starting to look good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XC70 Detailed Reduced.jpg (153.7 KB, 35 views)
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 10:48   #80
Puffster

Looking good there sir!

Am almost tempted to get my plastic panels sorted and give mine a clean too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Puffster For This Useful Post: