Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting times, XC60

Views : 28156

Replies : 201

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2019, 13:10   #181
m2srt

My wife ordered a D4 AWD Momentum at the end of March, expecting it at the end of this month. Last update was due to be built this week!

Previously, MY2013 XC60 SE LUX D5 Geartronic.

Last edited by m2srt; Jun 9th, 2019 at 14:43.
m2srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 17:55   #182
MattDell

Does Volvo give you a tracking number or anything?

When I ordered by VW they gave me a number and a dedicated website where I could track the progress.
MattDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 18:33   #183
Big Chris
Big Chris

Ordered my XC60 B4 Momentum at end of April and was given a delivery date of the 26th July. I put this back to Sept for 69 reg. Not seen any reviews of B4 or B5 models being actually driven, I’m interested to know how Volvo are getting on with rolling these out, given the T8s seem to have very long waiting times.
Big Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 20:33   #184
m2srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDell View Post
Does Volvo give you a tracking number or anything?

When I ordered by VW they gave me a number and a dedicated website where I could track the progress.
I didn't get a tracking number this time but when we ordered my wife's current car back in 2014 we had a Volvo order number . This allowed us to track the vehicle from order to build to delivery.

Previously, MY2013 XC60 SE LUX D5 Geartronic.
m2srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 08:16   #185
Automatic Only

Hello - first post here...

I currently drive a 66 plate S60 D4 - lease expires in early November. I started my new car search around the beginning of May which I thought was more than early enough. After a few weeks getting quotes from various companies, all were pretty much saying that delivery of what I wanted (XC60 T8) would be unlikely until the Jan 2020 which I wasn't at all happy about! Finally a broker reckoned he could get me one for October as he had found someone who already had some build slots in place so that was all good (though I'm still itching to get behind the wheel of it!)
The order was confirmed on 31st May and my main question is whether this is going to be an MY19 or MY20? As I believe I'm right in saying the battery life is somewhat improved for MY20?
Also if there are any other changes between the two I would be interested to know.
Also as a side note, does anyone have any comments to offer on the standard XC60 sound system? I didn't go for either of the Harman Kardon or Bowers & Wilkins systems as I wanted to spend my precious allowance on other extras! The standard system on my S60 is OK but I would wish for better tbh so I'm hoping this will be an improvement?
Automatic Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 12:55   #186
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
Hello - first post here...

I currently drive a 66 plate S60 D4 - lease expires in early November. I started my new car search around the beginning of May which I thought was more than early enough. After a few weeks getting quotes from various companies, all were pretty much saying that delivery of what I wanted (XC60 T8) would be unlikely until the Jan 2020 which I wasn't at all happy about! Finally a broker reckoned he could get me one for October as he had found someone who already had some build slots in place so that was all good (though I'm still itching to get behind the wheel of it!)
The order was confirmed on 31st May and my main question is whether this is going to be an MY19 or MY20? As I believe I'm right in saying the battery life is somewhat improved for MY20?
Also if there are any other changes between the two I would be interested to know.
Also as a side note, does anyone have any comments to offer on the standard XC60 sound system? I didn't go for either of the Harman Kardon or Bowers & Wilkins systems as I wanted to spend my precious allowance on other extras! The standard system on my S60 is OK but I would wish for better tbh so I'm hoping this will be an improvement?
Your dealer should give you this info. It's for sure a MY2020 if you order it after May 2019.
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 13:49   #187
MattDell

My understanding from talking with several dealers about getting a MY19 (there are good incentives on these if you currently have a V5C in your name) is that anything coming from Sweden right now is a MY2020.
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 16:24   #188
WhatNext?

I thought new XC60s are from China now, with Sweden made ones going to the US?
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 09:02   #189
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke69 View Post
I thought new XC60s are from China now, with Sweden made ones going to the US?
Where did you read this?
What is the logic of building a car in China and send it over to Europe having factories in Europe?
European XC60s are made in Belgium.
The US has it's own factory and the China factory serves the asiatic market + maybe Australia.
With Brexit maybe it will be easier for UK to receive China made Volvos instead of european made ones. But Brexit didn't happen yet.
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 09:13   #190
MattDell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Where did you read this?
European XC60s are made in Belgium.
The previous generation was. Now they are made at the Torslanda factory in Sweden.

For other markets they are made in Chengdu, Bangalore, and Shah Alam.

As for US production that is very recent and is only for the S60 currently. There has never been an XC60 built in USA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...duction_plants