Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

lpg v70

Views : 1864

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 29th, 2009, 10:19   #11
JezF

Not sure if I agree that lpg add's no value, it will add some value, certainly nowhere near the cost of the conversion though. If it's a decent conversion (BRC/Prins) with a LPG certificate, I'd guestimate £500.

In theory, if the gas system has been well set up, the engine should last longer on gas, but think about all the other parts on the car.

I bought my 850 at 152,000 miles, currently on 173,000 miles and I've spent a lot of money sorting it out, PCV, exhaust, dampers, all the bushes, top mounts, track road ends, arb drop links, radiator, thermostat, coolant bottle, belt tensioner etc etc.

It's certainly worth scanning through the service history, but it's surprising how much stuff doesn't get replaced that would benefit the feel of the car by beig replaced.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 20:18   #12
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezF View Post
Not sure if I agree that lpg add's no value, it will add some value, certainly nowhere near the cost of the conversion though. If it's a decent conversion (BRC/Prins) with a LPG certificate, I'd guestimate £500.
I understand that LPG conversions actually put a lot of dealers off - when they sell it on they are obliged to offer even a rudimentary warranty, and because they've little knowledge or interest when it comes to LPG they prefer to fight shy. Main dealers will certainly not be over-enthused.

Best customer would be a private buyer who's already convinced of the merits of LPG

If you car has been converted and you want to sell, you can have the lpg system moved to another car, even more so if the new car is similar (eg: 5-pot Volvo 2.5 litre) to the old.

Cost will be basically labour plus a few bits of pipe and wire - around £600 to get it done by an LPG company was what I was told when I asked the people who converted my V70.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 17:40   #13
JezF

Totally agree, through a normal dealer, it may be worth less.

But, if you sold through here, Ebay, Autotrader or Pistonheads, I'd expect it would add value, especially if it's a quality conversion with LPGA docs etc.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 08:13   #14
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

Is the Flashlube just a precaution, or have you reason to think it really needs it? Mike Brace says the cars don't have a problem with valve recession as the valves and seats are easily good enough.

It's cheap enough to fit anyway , but I just wondered. Should I be worried?
Clifford Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 08:22   #15
Mike B
VOC Member 4911

Default Lpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezF View Post
Totally agree, through a normal dealer, it may be worth less.

But, if you sold through here, Ebay, Autotrader or Pistonheads, I'd expect it would add value, especially if it's a quality conversion with LPGA docs etc.
Hi
Do a search on the net for LPG , some firms only sell Converted cars , and you get a better deal plus lower ins to boot. [ and by the way i have not forgot about my 740GLE , running on LPG , no petrol for four months now,must repair the pump, but plenty of LPG around here, will photos when when I feel better]
Regards
Mike B
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote