Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY2014 XC60 - any 'essential' options...?

Views : 4390

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 21:24   #1
A lex
Premier Member

Default MY2014 XC60 - any 'essential' options...?

Hi folks,

Currently driving a 2004 V70 D5, but the time has finally come to upgrade out of the old girl and in to something shiny and new

We are going to see the dealer next Wednesday, with a view to making an order as long as the test drive goes to our liking etc.

So, are there any 'essential' options that really should be specced on these, both for resale and general day-to-day enjoyment?

We havent decided if it will be a D4 or a D5 yet, but it will definitely be AWD & a manual transmission.

We will be ordering the car in NL, so the std. specs and package names may differ slightly from the UK and because I am ordering through the diplomat scheme I am hoping to do a factory pick up in Sweden.

So far my personal spec is as follows:

XC60 D4 or D5 AWD manual

SUMMUM trim package (not sure what its called in the UK (SE maybe?), but its the 'luxury' trim here in NL) It covers most of the normal stuff like power folding mirrors, electric seats etc.

Zephyrus 18" wheel

- Caspian blue metallic
- Soft beige / espresso Leather interior with matching steering wheel.

-'Diplomat package'

Textile floor mats
Power tailgate
Tinted rear windows
Laminated glass side and rear
PCC & keyless drive
Park assist front

-Parking heater

-Premium sound audio with the extra subs

-RTI navi

-Digi TV

Is there anything really obvious that I should be adding and currently missing? Adaptive cruise perhaps?

Ta!
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 22:17   #2
Westyman
VOC Member

Does any of that include the heated screen? So glad that's now an option. For UK that was part of Winter Pack. I added 360 deg laminated windows and load compensating rear suspension because I tow a caravan. Because I like it, I added "wood" trim too. The Zephyrus wheels were an upgrade from the standard wheels here in UK.
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 06:42   #3
Crockers
Premier Member

Most "extras" add very little to the resale value - they just make yours more desire able when viewed. I think you've covered all the bases.

I added driver support pack because I want the new auto adaptive headlights plus other toys --oops safety kit--- it gives.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 08:41   #4
A lex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
Most "extras" add very little to the resale value - they just make yours more desire able when viewed. I think you've covered all the bases.

I added driver support pack because I want the new auto adaptive headlights plus other toys --oops safety kit--- it gives.
Thanks.

The Xenon and adaptive headlights are covered in the summum trim package here.

The self-levelling suspension and heated screen are good calls. Ill look in to those.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:50   #5
madman1

Hi,

Not sure if included in the pack already but rear parking sensors and / or camera? I've both and wouldn't be without them, but would view sensors as a minimum given extra cost of camera.

That said, your V70s not exactly small, so you might not view as necessary.

You've obviously already got a D5, as have I, I guess the D4 might be a consideration if you want better efficiency (although not sure if the difference cost v efficiency is material).

Enjoy the car!

Last edited by madman1; Jun 29th, 2013 at 08:55.
madman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:56   #6
A lex
Premier Member

Hi,

I have actually changed my spec slightly.

Summum is the equivalent of an SE LUX in the UK, so that covers a lot of things (inc. rear PDC)

Ill probably 'downgrade' it to a D4 fwd, which will leave me with more money for options.

The Diplomat package covers the keyless go, front PDC and power tailgate etc.

Im going to add the Xenium package, which consists of:

Power passenger seat
Power glass sunroof
RTI Navigation
Park assist camera
Audio system HIGH PERFORMANCE 7" screen.

Im also tempted to take the Avior 20" wheels.

Ive been reading a lot about Sensus - is this dealer fit, as it doesnt appear on my spec sheet?
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:11   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Front park assist - should be standard on all XC60s
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:15   #8
Docs

No Sensus won't be on spec sheet but dealer should be able to give you all the details as its a dealer fit, not available as a factory fit as of yet.
I have the Avior wheels on my new 2014, I posted a pic on a previous thread.
I must say if you like your rims these wont disappoint.
Only downside of the D4 FWD apart from less power is the one round exhaust
as opposed the new twin embedded system which looks really smart.

SELux D4 GT AWD
Inscription Silver
Black Leather
Premium Sound Multimedia/Sensus Touch
20" Avior wheel upgrade
ABL light package
Winter Pack
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:28   #9
stu0710
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Front park assist - should be standard on all XC60s
It would be nice to have it but it's hardly an 'essential'. Both myself and my wife have managed perfectly well in our XC60 R-Design for the last 3 years without the benefit of either front or rear parking sensors without any problems, as we did with our previous car a SAAB 9-5 estate which was nearly 8" (200mm) longer........
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 10:17   #10
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu0710 View Post
It would be nice to have it but it's hardly an 'essential'. Both myself and my wife have managed perfectly well in our XC60 R-Design for the last 3 years without the benefit of either front or rear parking sensors without any problems, as we did with our previous car a SAAB 9-5 estate which was nearly 8" (200mm) longer........
I would regard it as much more essential than a sunroof, tinted windows, leather seats,etc.

I also have had many cars that were larger than the XC60 that didn't have front or rear park assist, however since I have had rear assist on recent cars and now front assist on the XC60 I will not go back to having a car without the assistance that they provide - why make life difficult when a tiny piece of technology can make parking so much easier