Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Back with a Volvo!

Views : 964

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 21:19   #11
H20 VOLVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB View Post
Tbh, altho the OEM is ok i quite like the R design motiff on those mats, they have a policy i saw that allows you to return mats if you simply dont like them, so i'll give them a try, if they don't fit properly i will get the OEM ones.
And it was like that when i bought the car so no idea if its stilleto heel damage, I will point out that i do not wear stilletos!

Twin turbo... thats a bonus! And it had to be manual, I'm not a fan of autos, never have been. Took me ages to find a manual i liked lol
Ha Ha! Heels at weekends only then!!

Just have a quick check of the driver's LH footrest though. OEM is cut out for it, the proposed new doesn't seem to be. If not, then I wouldn't bother, as it won't work and could be dangerous flapping under the clutch pedal. Like I say, mine is auto, so could be different though.

D5 manuals are hard to come across, some of the D2 and D3s are not too rare, but the D5 is. To be fair, an Auto does suit the D5 engine quite well.
H20 VOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2015, 21:13   #12
RichieB

Well.... Mats arrived.. and fit nicely
Seems as though i must have had a set of mats for an auto put in before.
For £30 they are pretty good quality really, and a decent thickness heel pad too.
The R-Design emblem is embroidered on a piece of fabric then sewn onto the mats, rather than actually embroidered directly onto the mat, but is still decently done and looks good!
The clips do work with the ones fitted in the foot well, but they don't clip down quite as snug as the genuine mats, but they are still firmly held in place, certainly not going to slip at all.

Overall, very happy with them, four mats for a decent price, well made and complement the interior of the car well. They also said they can make ones for an auto, and have a selection of colours if anyone is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4205.jpg (200.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4208.jpg (261.2 KB, 10 views)
RichieB is offline   Reply With Quote