Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dashcam Wiring in New V60

Views : 25958

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 20th, 2019, 11:37   #51
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNiceBut View Post
I know, I ready your post among many others. I'm still aiming for the fusebox though, or possibly the 12v socket in the centre console.

I don't want to use the OBD port because I want the cameras running when the car's in for service. Also the BlackVue OBD option doesn't have great reviews on Amazon.
that is a dodgy area filming people and recording their voice without their permission on private property ... A different case if you are in a public area ... I would pull the power lead out if i was confronted with that .
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 12:10   #52
WhatNext?

Yes, usually the dealer will (rightly) pull the power to the DashCam if it's not been done already
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 12:12   #53
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
See attached image. It's probably this.
_
Hope these are the areas to ‘avoid’ as most dash-cams (mine included) are not within these zones, being at the very top of the screen on passenger side of mirror housing.
Thx for posting.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 15:21   #54
TimNiceBut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatNext? View Post
Yes, usually the dealer will (rightly) pull the power to the DashCam if it's not been done already
Well, they may or they may not. I was interested because I saw some dash cam footage where a guy put his vehicle (not a Volvo) in for service and they basically used it to go to a motor factor's to get some spare parts, bouncing it up kerbs, running a red light and driving at 50 in a 30 limit among other things.

What they get up to on their premises is up to them (although I still think I'd be entitled to see what was going on with my car). And of course, if they're doing nothing wrong, they've nothing to hide, surely? Incidentally, I disabled voice recording after hearing myself "singing" along to the radio. I thought someone was skinning a cat at first...
TimNiceBut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 15:59   #55
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNiceBut View Post
Well, they may or they may not. I was interested because I saw some dash cam footage where a guy put his vehicle (not a Volvo) in for service and they basically used it to go to a motor factor's to get some spare parts, bouncing it up kerbs, running a red light and driving at 50 in a 30 limit among other things.

What they get up to on their premises is up to them (although I still think I'd be entitled to see what was going on with my car). And of course, if they're doing nothing wrong, they've nothing to hide, surely? Incidentally, I disabled voice recording after hearing myself "singing" along to the radio. I thought someone was skinning a cat at first...
It is not about having anything to hide , they are normal people with families like you and I . Would you like your normal everyday business being secretly recorded as you went about your honest day's work? You have to look at it that way .. people can talk about all sorts or personal and maybe confidential business things whilst in earshot ...
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 13:24   #56
arry4424

Default Hardwiring a dash cam into V60 D4

Hi all. I am a newbie to this forum but would very much like some advice please. I am looking to buy a dash cam in the next few days (probably nextbase 222 from Halfords) but really want to hardwire it into the car. I can run the wire round the head lining and A post etc but was then wanting to either fit it into the fuse box or the OBD. Which is the easiest or best way or solving this minor issue. I do look forward to hearing from you all.
arry4424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 13:31   #57
S90
IT Guru

Ive got a ThinkWare cam front and rear and they do an OBD power option, just plugs inline into that, no wiring needed. Not sure if NextBase do it but its got to be easier than trying to get into the damn fusebox under the carpet, plus you're not messing with any of the cars electrics.
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 15:43   #58
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
that is a dodgy area filming people and recording their voice without their permission on private property ... A different case if you are in a public area ... I would pull the power lead out if i was confronted with that .

When my V90 went into a (major) bodyshop for repair, they specifically asked whether I had a dashcam and to remove it completely, not just disconnect.

It's private property and they aren't giving consent to filming.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoopsSA For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 18:30   #59
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arry4424 View Post
Hi all. I am a newbie to this forum but would very much like some advice please. I am looking to buy a dash cam in the next few days (probably nextbase 222 from Halfords) but really want to hardwire it into the car. I can run the wire round the head lining and A post etc but was then wanting to either fit it into the fuse box or the OBD. Which is the easiest or best way or solving this minor issue. I do look forward to hearing from you all.
Have you seen post 6 in this thread? I think it is the best way, unless you need permament 12v.
Old Aug 5th, 2020, 22:53   #60
magic77

Does anyone have a breakdown of the fuses allocation which are switched and which are permanent live
magic77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to magic77 For This Useful Post: