Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

945 Niggles

Views : 9544

Replies : 212

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 16th, 2016, 00:50   #1
bluebrickrick

Default 945 Niggles

Hi all. I've a couple of niggles with the J reg 2.3 non turbo estate that I could do with a heads up on.

Closing tailgate having loaded the weeks shopping in this evening there was a loud bang and the tailgate dropped rapidly, inspection found that the gas strut ball end ball and stud had pulled out of the top RH of the frame and what looked like half a threaded washer remained in situ, having looked at both sides I can't see any access behind it so would this have been one of the RIVNUT type threaded inserts which are inserted and spread into the hole with a larger version of a pop riveting gun or something else ??

I have also had a problem with occasional no prior warning engine stoppage, it has happened at 70 at 30 and coasting to a stop at a few mph, the engine will restart and run normally 10 - 20 seconds later. The common factor seems to be when the fuel tank is getting low but before the warning light appears, the second time it happened about 40 litres refilled to full and today about 46 litres filled it.

The other 945 has run down to needing 55 L to fill with no problem although I prefer to refill before this little is left.

The first time when I was doing 70 in top it was uphill with a headwind, as I was wearing sandals I put it down to a different 'feel' and that I had not had me clog on the pedal as hard as I thought - not fuel starvation.

The second time I had just run over a slightly raised level crossing in a 30 zone so only coasting,

This time it was empty car, had climbed a small hill in top then after 1/4 mile chaged down to turn right off the road, thankfully no oncoming traffic so when I realised it had died I had just enough inertia to coast into our lane.

Any suggestions on either gratefully received thanks

Mystified of Bogside on Bure
bluebrickrick is offline   Reply With Quote