Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 PE Holding Pool

Views : 1079

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 26th, 2021, 11:12   #1
chezzerv90

Default V60 PE Holding Pool

Hi All,

New member here but been the lucky owner of a V90cc for just over 3 years which has been fantastic. I however fancied a change and decided to purchase a V60 PE back at the beginning of March.

Unfortunately, I was subject to a cancellation of my order due to the MY switch over from 21 to 22, and also, Volvo dropping the colour I ordered the car in (Osmium grey). This was 1 month after my order was placed and after I had received expected delivery dates. Took it on the chin and re-ordered the car as a MY22 in Thunder grey, although this wasn't my preferred colour and certain options were no longer included as standard, an agreement was made to fulfil the original deal and spec the now extras, free of charge.

This was however almost 2 months ago (since reordering) and my dealer is still being told the car is in a holding pool, they haven't been informed as to why this is the case but could be due to supply issues. I wondered if there was anyone else on here who was in the same boat? 3 months down the line since first ordering and I feel no closer to ownership.

Cheers.
chezzerv90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2021, 12:31   #2
Hogster

Depending on the options you have chosen this could be down to the global chip shortage which is impacting many car manufacturers and leading to longer lead times.
Old May 26th, 2021, 12:47   #3
chezzerv90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogster View Post
Depending on the options you have chosen this could be down to the global chip shortage which is impacting many car manufacturers and leading to longer lead times.
I expect it to be the "Lighting" package which includes the adaptive shadow technology etc. However the dealer hasn't been made aware as to whether its the shortage of chips or not. They've been told BLIS and the 360 camera is slowing things down (neither of these I have spec'd) but not had any confirmation on the lighting package. I suspect it's why they dropped it as standard.
Old May 26th, 2021, 14:15   #4
amadan

My 2020 v60 PE delivery was supposed to be 6 months when I ordered in nov2019 but ended up being longer due to the pandemic. So I think long deliveries on PE might be normal.

Funnily I’m literally off the phone with dealers for a XC40 purchase and they’re saying that Volvo are prioritising XC40 over other deliveries due to the popularity and cars such as XC90 and other low volume cars are going to the end of the pile.
Old May 26th, 2021, 15:22   #5
chezzerv90

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadan View Post
My 2020 v60 PE delivery was supposed to be 6 months when I ordered in nov2019 but ended up being longer due to the pandemic. So I think long deliveries on PE might be normal.

Funnily I’m literally off the phone with dealers for a XC40 purchase and they’re saying that Volvo are prioritising XC40 over other deliveries due to the popularity and cars such as XC90 and other low volume cars are going to the end of the pile.
Yea, which I would understand had they not cancelled my first order and given me a delivery date. From a customer service point of view it would be nice to also prioritise cancelled orders.

My first delivery ETA was around 1.5 months from the order date, and the order was cancelled. Im not sure how they were even going to manage the timeframe given to me as the car was cancelled 1 month before it was expected. I would've though it would have been assembled at that point.
Old May 26th, 2021, 18:14   #6
ian77

When I was chatting about my cancelled V60 order, the dealer principal said that when they have limited supplies, Volvo direct them to profitable models but also more profitable markets - when the XC40 launched he said they had orders cancelled at little notice because capacity was directed to Germany where Volvos margin is greater. He thought the same would happen with current parts shortages.
Old May 26th, 2021, 19:50   #7
amadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzerv90 View Post
Yea, which I would understand had they not cancelled my first order and given me a delivery date. From a customer service point of view it would be nice to also prioritise cancelled orders.

My first delivery ETA was around 1.5 months from the order date, and the order was cancelled. Im not sure how they were even going to manage the timeframe given to me as the car was cancelled 1 month before it was expected. I would've though it would have been assembled at that point.
I suspect customer services isn’t that high on their list, for a start you’re not their customer and they have to balance their poor publicity from you and others suffering against others complaining about poor delivery times and their bottom line. I suspect they can get a lot more XC40 orders through at the moment due to the lower spec levels and higher order numbers than a *60 especially a PE.

For once I feel a little sorry for the dealers as they’re piggy in the middle with this whole situation. Although I don’t feel too sorry for them according my suppling dealer today (I was sorting a car order for a family member) the current order volume is bonkers.

Also 1 1/2 month delivery eta - that’s impressive (well if they had delivered anyway), I wish I could have got that rather than 9 months!

Last edited by amadan; May 26th, 2021 at 19:54.
amadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 22:52   #8
milzibkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadan View Post
I suspect customer services isn’t that high on their list, for a start you’re not their customer and they have to balance their poor publicity from you and others suffering against others complaining about poor delivery times and their bottom line. I suspect they can get a lot more XC40 orders through at the moment due to the lower spec levels and higher order numbers than a *60 especially a PE.

For once I feel a little sorry for the dealers as they’re piggy in the middle with this whole situation. Although I don’t feel too sorry for them according my suppling dealer today (I was sorting a car order for a family member) the current order volume is bonkers.

Also 1 1/2 month delivery eta - that’s impressive (well if they had delivered anyway), I wish I could have got that rather than 9 months!
Hello Amadan. Apologies for the thread drift, I've tried to PM but I don't have enough posts. I'll be ordering a V60PE soon and can't decide which colour to go for - there aren't many options! Do you think you could link to any photos of your V60PE? I can only really find crystal white pictures online, or a mixture of greys that aren't available in the UK.

Thanks!
milzibkit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holding pool, order cancellation, polestar, v60