Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 service plan - value for money?

Views : 2177

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 8th, 2020, 13:04   #11
thisisbeaker

Good question Phillip. The quote states "Payments will be collected by Planmyservice LLP as an agent for Endeavour Automotive Group", so I guess this abstracts the risk away from the dealer going under given a 3rd party administers it?

Update re the Volvo/Mondial quote. It doesn't include a timing belt change. So @techwatcher was right in saying £1236 sounded too good! Add the belt change on top, and total price I suspect is going to exceed the dealer quote.

Might give Marshall's WGC a call and see what they can do

Previously: XC90 MY16 D5 R-Design, Bursting Blue, Winter/Xenium/BLIS
thisisbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 13:23   #12
krzemien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
What happens if the dealer goes bust before all the services have been done? I assume you lose all your money......
And by the same token: what happens when you write off your car during this period?

(it's a genuine question, I have never been poised to think about service plans)
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 13:30   #13
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbeaker View Post
Good question Phillip. The quote states "Payments will be collected by Planmyservice LLP as an agent for Endeavour Automotive Group", so I guess this abstracts the risk away from the dealer going under given a 3rd party administers it?

Update re the Volvo/Mondial quote. It doesn't include a timing belt change. So @techwatcher was right in saying £1236 sounded too good! Add the belt change on top, and total price I suspect is going to exceed the dealer quote.

Might give Marshall's WGC a call and see what they can do
Sure, so the money is held by an intermediary, but what about them and their liquidity? I am very wary about paying hard cash now in return for a promise about giving me something tomorrow.....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 15:55   #14
thisisbeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzemien View Post
And by the same token: what happens when you write off your car during this period?

(it's a genuine question, I have never been poised to think about service plans)
Good question. I did ask this question in a round about kind of way (what if we sell it mid-way through the plan) - any funds accumulated and not spent can be reimbursed or transferred to a new plan. This is for this plan - I can't say that's the case for all of them

Old Jun 8th, 2020, 16:00   #15
thisisbeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Sure, so the money is held by an intermediary, but what about them and their liquidity? I am very wary about paying hard cash now in return for a promise about giving me something tomorrow.....
Good point. I'm holding onto the fact they are a well established dealer group and no doubt have been selling these for some time. But we live in interesting/changing times....so probably good for me to bear in mind before putting ink to paper. I do like the idea of budgeting as well as getting a discount (I'm a thrifty Yorkshire ex pat!) - paying £1k for a service in one go when the timing belt needs doing doesn't really appeal - but £60/mth is more palatable! Plus makes any extraordinary expense easier to deal with.

Long story short - think I'm going to mull it some more!

Tags
service plan, service prices, xc90 2016