Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 boot liner - suggestions pls

Views : 1877

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 29th, 2021, 14:26   #1
JustLovejoy

Default XC90 boot liner - suggestions pls

Have just seen the light and acquired my first ever Volvo. It's a 2019 XC90.

Now need to get some protection for the boot from a muddy dog.

Anyone got any experience of either:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/3127209...-0&media=GMAIL

or

https://www.travelsmartbootliners.co...ar-boot-liner/

Thanks in advance
JustLovejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 21:01   #2
Beancounter27

Like you I’m a first time Volvo owner with an XC90 and a muddy dog. I bought a liner from Titan with which I’m very pleased https://www.titancovers.co.uk
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 22:07   #3
tronicx83

For my last two cars I’ve bought Hatchbags https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/ - very customisable-

We used to do a lot of diving and it ensured any post-dive water was contained- now we have two kids and a dog it keeps the mud and muck from the inside. When we take it out to clean the boot looks brand new!
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 18:07   #4
Thorium

I use the official Volvo boot liner in the XC90, which I got via one of the ebay Volvo sellers. Expensive yes, but it fits perfectly and without using velcro, etc. I've nothing against the cheaper liners and used to have one in my XC60, but the dog (a large Malamute) was so big that the velcro came unfastened a lot.

I use a cheap ebay rubber mat on top of the Volvo liner to provide a slip resistant surface for the dog. I've had the liner and mat now for three or so years and both are still in great condition.
Thorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 10:59   #5
DavidC R

Another thumbs up for hatchbag. Various models to fit the xc90 which work with all seats up and down and a drop down bumper protector.
DavidC R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 13:29   #6
Robbie34

I have bought two similar boot covers for my V60 and they are useless. I have two Cocker Spaniels and they manage to detach the liner from the three sides of the boot.

The problem is getting the panels to stay in place. Ideally, you need fairly solid panels that remain in situ. My two are quite boisterous and after a few journeys the sides are sagging as they are not held securely.

Details of the Volvo boot liner would be very welcome.
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 14:43   #7
JustLovejoy

Smile

Thanks all for suggestions
JustLovejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 17:33   #8
Thorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
I have bought two similar boot covers for my V60 and they are useless. I have two Cocker Spaniels and they manage to detach the liner from the three sides of the boot.

The problem is getting the panels to stay in place. Ideally, you need fairly solid panels that remain in situ. My two are quite boisterous and after a few journeys the sides are sagging as they are not held securely.

Details of the Volvo boot liner would be very welcome.
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...ent/VCC-499356

This is the V60 version of the Volvo load liner. Note the use of press studs securing the liner side panels. I have the XC90 version and it's very good and the dog hasn't managed to pull it off. They are quite easy and quick to fit, and to install/remove when needed.

Check the ebay volvo accessories sellers as you may find one cheaper than the dealer prices.

Hope this helps.
Thorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thorium For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 18:56   #9
Robbie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorium View Post
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...ent/VCC-499356

This is the V60 version of the Volvo load liner. Note the use of press studs securing the liner side panels. I have the XC90 version and it's very good and the dog hasn't managed to pull it off. They are quite easy and quick to fit, and to install/remove when needed.

Check the ebay volvo accessories sellers as you may find one cheaper than the dealer prices.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. That's great. My car goes in for its third service on 8th November so I'll contact the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be there on the 8th.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 10:42   #10
Robbie34

I got on to my dealer this morning and was told that the load liner was for the previous V60 and there is not one for the present model.

Tags
boot liner, xc90 2016