Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

140/164 Series General Forum for the Volvo 140 and 164 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

145 Rear seatbelts

Views : 589

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 28th, 2011, 18:48   #1
WPR678B
Ex 145 owner

Default 145 Rear seatbelts

I am currently trying to fit rear seatbelts to my 145 and was wondering if any 145's were factory fitted with them or did they not come as standard until the 245/240 estate?
I have fitted the centre belt ok and the stalks for the outer belts using the factory fitted mountings, and the same goes for the bottom of the outside belts, but the set i have from a 240 estate don't seem to mount anywhere i can work out with the brackets fitted to them!
I know that there is a bar running down the inside of the window for the top mounting and i have these although i don't really want to fit them if there is a way of doing it without them as the car is so original i don't really want to start drilling holes where they will be on full view if i don't need to!
If anyone has any pictures or could take some photo's of the mounting arrangement of there own car i would be very grateful!
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 21:59   #2
marcmarel

The 245 reels fit in exactly the same spot on the 145, with one very small bend to make in the metalwork.
To really make it function you need the bars that hold the 'swivel point'. These were on later 145's (1974). I don't think anyone will notice. The shiny ones are more 'period' though.

We welded them in, not very pretty but the rest of this car (MY 1971) isn't either.

The 245 has a captive nut in the top of the window frame and the bar is screwed in from below. Almost impossible to recreate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0593.jpg (151.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by marcmarel; Feb 28th, 2011 at 22:10.
marcmarel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marcmarel For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 06:13   #3
WPR678B
Ex 145 owner

Thanks for your reply. That is the sort of information and picture i was looking for. Would you have a picture taken from a little further back to show the bottom of the bracket for the seatbelt reel as well please?
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 08:21   #4
marcmarel

Where the bottom bolt goes (the other side of the car, where everything fits quite nice) and the top of the bar. We didn't even take the window out before welding. Tough rubber.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0581.jpg (234.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0592.jpg (104.3 KB, 13 views)
marcmarel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marcmarel For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 16:52   #5
WPR678B
Ex 145 owner

Many thanks for those, they are very helpful and i can now see where i need to position the reels!
I'll post up some pictures when i get it all fitted.
Many thanks again for taking the time to reply