Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T8 Remote start problems

Views : 1642

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2017, 08:35   #11
Fortune7
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy42 View Post
Have not tried to remote start the car yet. What does it do? Does that put the air conditioning on properly (i.e. set it to a temperature you set in the car as apposed to the fixed target temperature used by the preconditioning system)? Am I right in thinking that the preconditioning system never fires up the ICE, but the remote start might if it decides it needs it?
My questions too! There's nothing I can find that definitively explains the difference, for the later T8, which (apparently) operates differently if plugged-in or not.

Andy
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 17:53   #12
KaroBD

Default Frosty/cold weather remote start

Hi - what would you suggest using to warm up/defrost the T8 in very cold/frosty weather? Preconditioning or Remote start (can't seem to get this to work). Diagnostics on VOC say No against Heater. thx
KaroBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 18:46   #13
nu11eaf
Premier Member

If you have the right boxes ticked in sensus Remote start will turn on heated front and rear screens along with heated mirrors and heated steering wheel* and climate control to last used setting, but dont expect the heater to get very warm in the time allowed by remote start. But seats and steering wheel will be nice and warm and front and rear windows and mirrors defrosted,
Preconditioning will warm the car interior better as it is heating the water in the engine cooling system which goes to your heater.

*front heated screen and steering wheel optional extras.
Electric heater will only come on below 10°c
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 20:04   #14
Fortune7
VOC Member

Looks like I can close this thread as my original issue (Engine Remote Start not working from VOC app) has been fixed by a software update today. There are other related threads to this regarding preconditioning and ERS but for me, it's taken some 5 months since I reported the issue, but now (appears!) sorted.

As to what exactly ERS does on a T8 that Precon. doesn't, that's on ongoing story......!

Cheers, Andy