Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 87513

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2017, 21:48   #101
marekbm

small changes

v2017-11-28_1
Updates
- Bluetooth: Some names of configuration files has been changed (again). The reason is due to merge the names for all my BT products:
- - license upload: “bt_license.bst
- - settings: “bt_config.bst”, “bt_config.bgt” (settings request), “bt_config.txt” (received settings)
- - system information: “bt_info.bgt” (information request), “bt_info.btg” (received system info)
- - error log: “bt_error.btg” (log request), “bt_error.btg” (received log)
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 19:31   #102
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
i finally started with video how-to. the first one is probably not so important because everybody who has this module and it's already works then he knows it. but i plan to add all regarding the module settings and other features.

so here it is.
it's in Czech but you can turn on English subtitles .
new video.
- how to update the module (updated order, so it's as third on the list)
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 23:37   #103
marekbm

again some improvements
v2017-12-13_1
News
- Bluetooth: Possibility to manage paired device list via files
- - “bt_pair.bgt”: After the file is send then you will reveive “bt_pair.txt” file. This file contains list of paired devices. Each line is the paired device (<Name>;<ID>;<Key>).
- - “bt_pair.bst”: This file contains the list of paired devices. If empty then all devices will be deleted. Use the "bt_pair.txt" and remove the device (line) which you want to remove out of BT module. Then send it as "bt_pair.bst".
- Bluetooth: You don't need to be connected before you want to read the device settings, ...
- Bluetotoh: If the BT module don't find any device after the second loop then it stops searching. It makes easier to pair the new device if it's not possible at beginning.
- Modem: Added protection and notification against wrong instalation, if the SIM cable is plugged into PHM. You will see the permanent "SIM ERROR" message on the dashboard. Contacts are not shown, you see the settings phonebook list instead (not possible to use after the device is connected). Connect the device, listen the music, receive or dial calls is available.
Fixed
- Bluetooth: If the second device is enabled it's not automaticaly connected.
- Bluetooth: Sometimes the file sent from the BT module was not finished properly.
- Bluetooth: The file from the BT module has been always sent to the first device also if requested from the second.
- Firmware package: Wrong names of the configuration files.

PS: i'm curious how many people will see the "SIM ERROR" after this update.
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 20:18   #104
marekbm

news which new users will like them .
v2017-12-15_2
News
- Modem: Modem communication speed is now automatically detected.
Updates
- Modem: The default modem communication speed is now set to 19200Bd (facelift models).
- Bootloader: Some updates regarding communication speed.

PS:
if you have wavecom version in the pre-facelift model then it will not work properly for a while. so do the following steps:
- after the firmware update wait for a while (error on the radio disappears)
- turn off the ignition and lock the car.
- wait at around 5 minutes
- turn on the ignition and wait for a while, if the green LED on PHM stops shining, turn on the PHM again.
- wait until it start operate properly
- now update the bootloader

PS2:
the bootloader update is required for everybody. the link to videos is above.
Old Dec 17th, 2017, 17:44   #105
marekbm

v2017-12-17_1
Updates
- Modem: The different method for modem baudrate detection.

EDIT:
v2017-12-17_2
Fixed
- Modem: The communication has stopped working after the baudtrate detection.

Last edited by marekbm; Dec 17th, 2017 at 20:21.
marekbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 11:28   #106
MikeMelga

Hi marekbm.

Congratulations on your work. I was looking for something like this for quite a while.

However it seems my car is not supported: I have a 2005 V50 with the GSM Phone and RTI Navigation. Why is the GSM module different from the S60 one?

I stopped using the GSM because it requires an extra SIM card which is not very practical nowadays.

Any chance in adding support for the V50?
MikeMelga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 09:05   #107
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMelga View Post
Hi marekbm.

Congratulations on your work. I was looking for something like this for quite a while.

However it seems my car is not supported: I have a 2005 V50 with the GSM Phone and RTI Navigation. Why is the GSM module different from the S60 one?

I stopped using the GSM because it requires an extra SIM card which is not very practical nowadays.

Any chance in adding support for the V50?
hi. v50 is not P2 but is P1. it also use MOST instead of MELBUS for the radio. the PHM is not internally so different but not the same as on P2. PHM should be the same as for xc90 (probably is the same for P1 and P3) which i plan to make but i still have no access to any xc90.
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 09:58   #108
MikeMelga

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
hi. v50 is not P2 but is P1. it also use MOST instead of MELBUS for the radio. the PHM is not internally so different but not the same as on P2. PHM should be the same as for xc90 (probably is the same for P1 and P3) which i plan to make but i still have no access to any xc90.
Does this mean it is in your plans to make a P1 device?

Great.

Count me in for one and to be a tester, should you need one.

Thanks.
MikeMelga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 13:15   #109
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMelga View Post
Does this mean it is in your plans to make a P1 device?

Great.

Count me in for one and to be a tester, should you need one.

Thanks.
it's in the plan for xc90. but as i mentioned it should be the same or really similar to for P1 and P3 cars. i hope i will get at least a skeleton of the electronic system which is required for the development (i don't have any P1, P3 or xc90 vehicle) from volvocesky (in preparation but at the moment more than 3 months).

at the moment looks like this :
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 19:06   #110
jgjones095
Master Member

If the phone module has sim error will this still work?

2.4t V70XC Auto 2001 165k
D5 185 XC70 M66 2006 202k
jgjones095 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio