Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Updated Gearbox Availability on New XC60

Views : 2510

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 14:27   #1
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Default Updated Gearbox Availability on New XC60

Hi All,

Thought some of you may like to know that the New XC60 is now available with a manual gearbox!... I know there were some queries around this earlier in the year.

There has also been a requirement to put "Adblue" into the latest incarnation of the XC60... details attached along with the specification/price guide.

Kind Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf volvo-xc60-my18.5-edition-1.pdf (1.51 MB, 127 views)
File Type: pdf adblue_customer_a5_flyer-final.pdf (204.8 KB, 179 views)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 14:48   #2
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Yes looks like Volvo have given in to Adblue after the problems they have had, the new XC 40 is going to use it as well.
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 15:09   #3
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Hi All,

Thought some of you may like to know that the New XC60 is now available with a manual gearbox!... I know there were some queries around this earlier in the year.

There has also been a requirement to put "Adblue" into the latest incarnation of the XC60... details attached along with the specification/price guide.

Kind Regards
Bit of a let down for anyone buying a diesel before this announcement, I for one wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't think it could be added at a later date.
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 17:17   #4
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Just noticed as well that emmissions have increased
D4 was 133-136 now is 142-153
D5 was 144 now 147-158

odd this considering they are using Adblue
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 17:23   #5
MtillingVolvo

Think its due partly Due to Adblue decreasing NOx but seems that has an increase in CO2. Also under new regulations rolling resistance of wheels have to be taken into account, hence the different CO2 emissions depending upon wheel size...

The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 20:30   #6
antman99
VOC Member

Hi Marc,

Any ideas if FWD will be coming, the muppet in my local dealer insisted manual would never happen so also doubtful he was right when he said about no FWD.
antman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 21:06   #7
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman99 View Post
Hi Marc,

Any ideas if FWD will be coming, the muppet in my local dealer insisted manual would never happen so also doubtful he was right when he said about no FWD.

At the moment it looks like only the T5 version can be had with FWD (or indeed AWD) in some markets. If that will ever come to the UK is a different matter.

Personally I think its just a matter of time before Volvo will release a D3/T4 version with FWD only.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2017, 08:12   #8
MtillingVolvo

Hi,

No news as of yet, but fingers crossed!

There is a D3 2WD available in the XC40, which isn't that much of a smaller vehicle than an XC60, so there's hope!

Old Oct 4th, 2017, 08:31   #9
husky125

To say I am not happy is an understatement, having just bought a very expensive D4 Inscription Pro. Have got used to volvo making up their software as they go along, but this takes some beating. The major change in controlling engine emissions must have taken a while to develop, but they launch a new car and within a few weeks make it obsolete. Just proves that they have not solved the emission control on the four cylinders.
Writing to volvo today and the dealer, but not expecting any sense. The only good news is for people who have not yet collected their car as they can cancel and get the latest version, rather than old stock.
husky125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2017, 08:45   #10
MtillingVolvo

I'll let your supplying dealer have the main conversation with you, but I'm not really sure that adding the AdBlue system is making a car "Obsolete"....

XC60 and XC90 D4 and D5 powertrains now include Ad-Blue technology as standard and petrol engines in XC60, XC90, S90 and V90 (except T8 Twin Engine) have a Gas Particulate Filter. These technical changes are required to meet the latest Euro6 emission standards, and as a result CO2 outputs have changed (although some have gone up!)

Your vehicle will also not require the AdBlue fluid to be changed, so overall will save you money in the short term unless of course the government decide to start taxing vehicles based on NOx levels as well as CO2.

The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post: