Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

All wheel drive service required...

Views : 3497

Replies : 52

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 08:23   #1
jmot

Default All wheel drive service required...

I'd actually noticed how easy it was to get the front wheels spinning in recent weeks.

Had winters fitted friday then yesterday on nursery run I pullout out on a roundabout on an incline and whoosh!!! Proper wheel spin, thought that was odd because on that junction even in the Audi the 4x4 would bite well before any proper spin.

Then I got a warning message driving thru town and today at same junction i actually managed to get proper wheels screeching off the line which is a bit strange because i'd have expected the traction to stop that...

My poor winters lol

You don't think its possible people who did tyres could have done something daft do you?

But seriously WTF.
jmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:22   #2
jmot

OMG, how rude! I expressed my shock at not being able to get a courtesy car until 11th december and the service staff rudely says "what do you want me to do, I cant magic a car out of thin air"

I then ask him is they can source a car from Thrifty or someone else and again he says "I don't know what you want me to say"

"Well how about answering the question I just asked"

Then he starts to change his tac and tries to be helpful will call me back in 10 odd minutes to see if he can get a car from somewhere else.

And so it begins. The point at which all car ownerships inevitably fall into unhappy customer territory... rude/stroppy dealers.
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:32   #3
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmot View Post
OMG, how rude! I expressed my shock at not being able to get a courtesy car until 11th december and the service staff rudely says "what do you want me to do, I cant magic a car out of thin air"

I then ask him is they can source a car from Thrifty or someone else and again he says "I don't know what you want me to say"

"Well how about answering the question I just asked"

Then he starts to change his tac and tries to be helpful will call me back in 10 odd minutes to see if he can get a car from somewhere else.

And so it begins. The point at which all car ownerships inevitably fall into unhappy customer territory... rude/stroppy dealers.
Not acceptable, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get this kind of response from my dealer. I'd email the dealer manager/principle and issue a complaint against the staff members attitude.

:wq
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:34   #4
jmot

Right. So. Earliest courtesy car would be 8th December.

When asked why Traction control was not kicking in, its basically because it's disabled.

The service guy, actually was polite and helpful this time and did kinda struggle to answer "is the car safe"

So basically if i drive in a straight line thru town and also like a complete nun at no more than 30mph I shouldnt have a problem.

If I were to drive at a steady 70mph and have lots of stopping room etc etc and not have to do any sudden lane changes its probably just as safe as normal because it "shouldn't" affect braking.

If we have any frosty mornings or i hit any ice or mud or aquaplane or standing water etc "no idea"

So, taking car in Tuesday now as clearly this is a safety issue so fingers crossed. No courtesy car.

Taxi's for me.

How sh1t.

Last edited by jmot; Nov 22nd, 2017 at 11:38.
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:38   #5
jmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Not acceptable, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get this kind of response from my dealer. I'd email the dealer manager/principle and issue a complaint against the staff members attitude.

I think he realised or got an eyebrow from someone...

TBH I sound really gruff on phone as I've had a throat infection so he could have interpreted my tone as being rude, even though i was perfectly polite.

He was much much nicer on his call back so meh...

More concerned a key feature of the car's stability programming seems to be borked.
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:48   #6
Deman77
Master Member

Go through VOC, say car not safe with traction control disabled. They will arrange a rental if dealership has no car for you. I am pretty sure you are not insured if you knowingly drive with disabled safety features. But they should be able to get you into a safe alternative within hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deman77 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:56   #7
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Go through VOC, say car not safe with traction control disabled. They will arrange a rental if dealership has no car for you. I am pretty sure you are not insured if you knowingly drive with disabled safety features. But they should be able to get you into a safe alternative within hours.
I'd agree with this. Or if you haven't got anything by Tuesday, ask the dealer again fora loan car, they really shouldn't be leaving you without a car when your vehicle is in for such urgent warranty work. Last time my car went in to have a section on the pan roof replaced, which was an insurance rather than warranty job, they wanted to get the car in as soon as they had the part in, so gave us one of the managers XC90's for the day as they didn't have anything else.

The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:56   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmot View Post
I'd actually noticed how easy it was to get the front wheels spinning in recent weeks.

Had winters fitted friday then yesterday on nursery run I pullout out on a roundabout on an incline and whoosh!!! Proper wheel spin, thought that was odd because on that junction even in the Audi the 4x4 would bite well before any proper spin.

Then I got a warning message driving thru town and today at same junction i actually managed to get proper wheels screeching off the line which is a bit strange because i'd have expected the traction to stop that...

My poor winters lol

You don't think its possible people who did tyres could have done something daft do you?

But seriously WTF.
Have you checked in Sensus, there is a disable tab that may have been pressed.
Screenshot_2017-11-22-12-55-08.jpg
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 13:04   #9
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Attachment 108749
It’s non persistent post restart so it can’t be that
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 13:19   #10
jmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Attachment 108749
Already checked that just to ensure..