Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

3 months check.

Views : 2282

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 7th, 2017, 20:33   #1
bobby2000
VOC Member

Default 3 months check.

My car will be 3 months old at end of December, am I correct in thinking that I need to have it checked at my dealers, if so is it a free check under my service plan.
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 20:42   #2
KNVXC90

The three month check is a free complimentary check. My dealer contacted me to arrange it.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KNVXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 20:42   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
My car will be 3 months old at end of December, am I correct in thinking that I need to have it checked at my dealers, if so is it a free check under my service plan.
Thanks in advance.
It is a free complimentary check, it usually takes about an hour and is usually carried out while you wait. It is not a requirement and will not invalidate warranty if not carried out but its a nice to have check. My dealer told me they do not carry out this check on leased cars only privately bought cars.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 21:38   #4
bobby2000
VOC Member

Thanks for your replies, I seem to remember my salesman saying about it, but wasn't sure about it being free or whether it was a requirement, I will book it in for the new year if I don't hear anything from the dealer.
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 22:27   #5
cassell
Member since 1988

Hi,

My ex-demo V90 was 6 months old when I bought it and it hadn't had the 3 month check done or the service book stamped by the dealer.

I live over 100 miles from that dealer so won't be using them in future but I had a towbar fitted by my local dealer after a couple of weeks ownership. They kindly did the check at the same time, stamped the book, all good.

It would appear that demonstrators, courtesy cars and PCP/lease cars are seldom given this check, but as someone has already said it has no bearing on service schedule or warranty, just a nice thing to have.

Paul
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 23:02   #6
iain cooper

a waste of time, but a stamp in the book if nothing else.

Iain
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 09:20   #7
familymangreg
Premier Member

It can be a good opportunity to ask for a software update.

: WQ
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 00:19   #8
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
Thanks in advance.
I've just received an email from my dealership about the 3 month check.
Will get it booked in.
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 14:03   #9
Bendolfc
Premier Member

MNy 12 year old S40 still has a sticker in the windscreen to remind of the 3 month / 3000 mile check. I think it's missed that one by 144 months & 183,000 miles.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 17:53   #10
husky125

Just had mine carried out at 3500 miles, booked it in by phone to service department and asked if there was any software updates, to be told none are carried out at this time.
Took in yesterday with a creaking drivers seat and various questions regarding why passenger heated seat turns off every time engine switched off, needing then to be reset, stop,start functions to quickly, and other silly questions. As luck would have it a technician came to the desk and could then deal directly with him. Took car away and returned after ten minutes to say they was a forty five minutes software update could he carry it out.!
Once completed he delivered car back and said seat was creaking upon arrival, but once they moved it back all went quiet and could not be replicated and quiet on way home. Perhaps the seat will need moving once a week.
Update added a list on central screen at start up of all the safety/driving aids, but disappears before it can be read. Not into apps. or preconditioning so do not know if these have changed.
If anyone can check please advise if their passenger seat heater switches off with ignition , my old xc60s both stayed on. I do know they can be preset but talking about just switching on manually. Got no where with stop start, hoping you could programme a favorite button to appear on main screen, but the computer says no!
Car going well does not like town runs, but averaging 36.5 normally 40 on a run 34 round town, but trailer takes below 30,
In better weather can get 44 on trip to Cornwall and with a strong tail wind saw 47 going to Yorkshire (D4)
husky125 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to husky125 For This Useful Post: