Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

3 months check.

Views : 2292

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 13th, 2017, 17:07   #11
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky125 View Post
Just had mine carried out at 3500 miles, booked it in by phone to service department and asked if there was any software updates, to be told none are carried out at this time.
Took in yesterday with a creaking drivers seat and various questions regarding why passenger heated seat turns off every time engine switched off, needing then to be reset, stop,start functions to quickly, and other silly questions. As luck would have it a technician came to the desk and could then deal directly with him. Took car away and returned after ten minutes to say they was a forty five minutes software update could he carry it out.!
Once completed he delivered car back and said seat was creaking upon arrival, but once they moved it back all went quiet and could not be replicated and quiet on way home. Perhaps the seat will need moving once a week.
Update added a list on central screen at start up of all the safety/driving aids, but disappears before it can be read. Not into apps. or preconditioning so do not know if these have changed.
If anyone can check please advise if their passenger seat heater switches off with ignition , my old xc60s both stayed on. I do know they can be preset but talking about just switching on manually. Got no where with stop start, hoping you could programme a favorite button to appear on main screen, but the computer says no!
Car going well does not like town runs, but averaging 36.5 normally 40 on a run 34 round town, but trailer takes below 30,
In better weather can get 44 on trip to Cornwall and with a strong tail wind saw 47 going to Yorkshire (D4)
Not sure if I understand the seat heater question you have posted, but no seat heaters or any screen heaters etc should stay on without the engine running.
But if you mean that the passenger seat heater does not come back on automatically when engine started but drivers seat does when temp below 10°C, then you may find that there is a tick box that requires ticking in sensus settings. There are tick boxes for passenger and drivers seats as well as heated screens.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 17:13   #12
husky125

I agree with the box for presetting, but for example none ticked at the moment and if car started drivers seat +steering wheel will come on exactly as left when leaving car. Passenger seat returns to off each time the ignition is switched off.
Not important,but know it did not happen on old cars.
Thanks for the reply.
husky125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 18:21   #13
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
I agree with the box for presetting, but for example none ticked at the moment and if car started drivers seat +steering wheel will come on exactly as left when leaving car. Passenger seat returns to off each time the ignition is switched off.
Thanks for the reply.
You may have had it set up like that when setting your profile for the key. Try setting your key profile up again.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 20:44   #14
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
Mine comes automatically at preset temp, but you do need to tick box for temp settings and auto switching on.
Old Dec 14th, 2017, 17:25   #15
themanhimself

hello Husky125
my last 2015 xc60 heated seats worked as you described
with my new 2018 xc60 i have the heated seats set to automatically come on by going to settings mycar climate section and they both work a treat provided it is below 10C approx hope this helps
billy
front sensors, Volvo on call, 12.3 inch display
retractable tow bar, spare wheel
themanhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 16:29   #16
husky125

Many thanks already understand the preset, but my wife suffers with a bad back and can often use the seat in hotter times, but will have to get used to switching it back on each time we stop.
It may well appear at another software update!
husky125 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to husky125 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2017, 16:12   #17
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I've just received an email from my dealership about the 3 month check.
Will get it booked in.
Had my 3 months check today, had one of the back doors adjusted, I thought it was letting a bit of dust in through the rubber seal. Aparently they do a smoke test for leaks around the door seals, it must have shown up because they tightened the door up to get a better seal, will see if it makes a difference.
The car was cleaned inside and out, didn't expect that for a free check, so very happy thank you.
Old Dec 19th, 2017, 17:40   #18
ukden

Had my 3 month check today also.
It was worth it just to get the car thoroughly cleaned inside and out. It smelled like new again when I got it back.

Dealer gave me a V40 D2 to use while my car was being attended to. SWMBO hated it, she said she felt as if she was sitting in the floor. Pleasant enough to drive though.

I asked about software updates and (according to the computer) there are none available for my car, probably just as well, as everything works as intended at the moment (fingers crossed).

3 months, 3000 miles and not a single issue to report. I am happy.

Previously: MY2018 XC60 Momentum D4 Auto, Winter Pack, Volvo On Call, Rear camera, Electric deployable towbar, Tempa spare wheel.
ukden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ukden For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2017, 17:55   #19
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukden View Post
Had my 3 month check today also.
It was worth it just to get the car thoroughly cleaned inside and out. It smelled like new again when I got it back.

Dealer gave me a V40 D2 to use while my car was being attended to. SWMBO hated it, she said she felt as if she was sitting in the floor. Pleasant enough to drive though.

I asked about software updates and (according to the computer) there are none available for my car, probably just as well, as everything works as intended at the moment (fingers crossed).

3 months, 3000 miles and not a single issue to report. I am happy.
I forgot to ask about updates, but ours cars are roughly the same age so I'm guessing probably not. Like you apart from the minor door seal, no other problems.
It took about 2hrs to complete, I just waited. I was impressed with the valet, even did the tyre walls.
Old Dec 19th, 2017, 20:43   #20
chrisnoy

Mines in tomorrow. I have asked them to look at the App updates that don't work anymore, an apparent flat spot in acceleration when coming to a near stop and taking off again, and a very filmy, greasy window screen which I can't seem to clean. When misty or icy I can see circles on it like it has had stickers or something on.
Have also asked them to check the drivers side window seals for excessive wind noise.
Love the car apart from these problems.