Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 rear seat back stuck

Views : 20348

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2013, 07:28   #11
2001VolvoWagon
2001VolvoWagon

Default Release Back Seat to Upright position

I got the seat to lay flat for cargo but now cannot get it to release to put back up. Please advise. I knew how to do it on the '86. Thank You
2001VolvoWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 08:50   #12
Brendan W
Premier Member

Possibly the seat belt is locked because it retracted too far. You will need to open the screw at the lower belt anchor point. There should be two plastic buttons on the belt. The smaller upper of the two is supposed to limit the belt retraction in the letterbox at the top of the seat back. They break and fall off over time.
Brendan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 23:27   #13
Pejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan W View Post
Possibly the seat belt is locked because it retracted too far. You will need to open the screw at the lower belt anchor point. There should be two plastic buttons on the belt. The smaller upper of the two is supposed to limit the belt retraction in the letterbox at the top of the seat back. They break and fall off over time.

just happen to me. do you have photo please?
Old May 9th, 2017, 07:51   #14
wise old monkey
Premier Member

When you fold your seats down...... plug the seat belt in first. Saves all hassle of having to unbolt them
wise old monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2017, 12:25   #15
Pejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise old monkey View Post
When you fold your seats down...... plug the seat belt in first. Saves all hassle of having to unbolt them
sorry, not seat stuck but my seatbelt stuck after folding down the seat and now cannot fold up because the seat belt.
Old May 9th, 2017, 12:43   #16
wise old monkey
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
sorry, not seat stuck but my seatbelt stuck after folding down the seat and now cannot fold up because the seat belt.
yes this is why you plug the seat belt in before folding the seat down, now you need to unbolt the seat belt to raise the seat
wise old monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wise old monkey For This Useful Post:
Old May 10th, 2017, 20:23   #17
DieselDoNicely
Premier Member

Remove the lumber pad to the left or right of the seat. Just pull and out it comes. Undo the bolt holding the seat belt in place near the floor pan.

Sounds like your missing a seat belt stopper at the top, like mine.

Replace the seat belt stopper using a nail held in a mole grips heated by a blow torch. This melts the pointy prob bit that fits through the female section of the stopper. See Youtube videos.

Buy these from Volvo or ebay.

DDN
2005 V70 SE D5 Geartronic 205,000 miles 55
2011 V70 Lux D3 Geartronic 220,000 miles
DieselDoNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselDoNicely For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2017, 01:50   #18
Pejo

yes. i done it. what the day. i did remove bolt like DDN mention and yes it missing seat belt stopper.

so i need to buy seat belt stopper. Thank you guys. so close to change V70R seat or change the car.
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 18:10   #19
Coolerking50

Default V70 Rear seat back stuck

I looked for ages at the forum, for this topic, concerning a V70 Estate and was relieved to find it. Upon inspection of my jammed flat back seat,
the seat belt plastic stop was in place and the belt was not preventing the seat back being lifted from the 'flat' position.
I was stumped as no other reasons seem to have been given by anyone else.

I compared the single (locked down) offside seat with the twin nearside seat (moving freely), everything appeared the same. But with all my might it just would not lift up!

Eventually I managed to get it to come up about two inches.
When doing so I realized what had happened, my son and I went to get a Christmas tree and each folded the back seats at the same time. But he had not folded the headrest before slamming it down, so the headrest was preventing the back coming up again.

The cure was to move the front passenger seat forward as much as possible and and adjusting the front seat angle to more upright. Which gives some room and then with some force pushing the lower 'seat' pad forward enough to allow the seat 'back' to just clear (with some hefty pulling) and up she came!
An assistant would be handy, to pull one part while you pull the other.

What a relief and one which was so silly, I have given my son a rocket, for the future.

So my first post after three years of reading other peoples valuable solutions!

What a great arena this is, to help keep these brilliant cars on the road in an economic way.

Last edited by Coolerking50; Dec 7th, 2017 at 18:13. Reason: couple of typos
Coolerking50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 16:47   #20
Willow place

This jogged my memory, in my v70 estate I cannot get the seat cushions to tip forward,there appears to be some catch at the rear of the cushion which I cannot move, any ideas please ? It is a double seat plus the single .
Willow place is offline   Reply With Quote