Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Annual Maintenance costs

Views : 702

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 13th, 2007, 09:27   #1
sraper

Thumbs down Annual Maintenance costs

After buying a XC90 2.5T in February I have been shocked how much I have had to pay for servicing and other maintenance costs. The car had done 12,500 miles and has now done about 17,000.

Recently had the 2nd year service done and this was close to £500. I mentioned that I had had uneven tyre wear on the front tyres (had them replaced earlier at a cost £150 each). They recomended that I had the 4 wheel alignment done. They didn't mention a cost and I assumed that it would be a warranty job. Yesterday whilst the car was in for something else I got them to do the aligment. They have charged me £125+VAT The person in the dealer claimed that as it is a 4-wheel drive that you really need to have this done every year!

Now I have previously owned a Honda CR-V and a Mercedes ML and have never suffered uneven tyre wear or had to have 4 wheel alignment done and I had both of the them for around 3 1/2 years (40,000 miles). Also the service costs were roughly £200 (CRV) and £300 (ML).

Well just phoned Kwik fit and they charge £75 for 4 wheel aligment!

Last edited by sraper; Jun 13th, 2007 at 09:37.
sraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 13:02   #2
patl

Default XC90 Costs

Hi Scraper,

Tyre wear seems common. I had the 4 wheel alignment done for 65 pounds from Christchurch Tyre when mine was 6 months old. Because it was pulling to the left for a month before the alignment, also had uneven tyre wear at the front and had 2 new front tyres before it was 9 months old (at approx 14000 miles). These were 148 pounds each for the Contis. If I remember correctly, my first service came in a bit under 300 pounds. At least my D5 isn't in the top tax band, but it does drink diesel (26-31mpg) !!!

Not cheap, but it does look good, drive nicely and can get lots of kids in it !!!

Regards,
Patrick.
patl is offline   Reply With Quote