Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1800 colour code 95

Views : 316

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2024, 06:02   #1
karlmalberg

Default 1800 colour code 95

1. On the VOC page https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/paint_colour_codes.shtml I read:

"Some cars will have -1, -2 or -3 in the paint code, such as 100-1. The -1, -2, -3 refer to a different shade of the colour. -1 being a lighter shade and -3 being a darker shade page"
Does anyone here know where that information comes from?

My understanding about -1 and -2 is based on the Volvo document "Tillverkningskodning (group 80 reperationslackering)
Translated from Swedish it reads: " Up to and including 1977, paint codes were numbered after introduction into production, i.e. -1 is the first supplier -2 is the second supplier and so on."

2. On the same VOC page I read: "1800S 1967–1968 Note also: 95-2, 95-1 Blue Tint, 95-2 Green Tint"
95-2 Green tint? I have not seen anything about 95-2 in a Volvo document. Does anyone know where to find that?

We have 63 cars in the 1800 register with code 95 (with photo of the ID-plate) all 1967 have code 95 and all 1968 have code 95-1
Has anyone seen, or have a photo, of an ID-plate with code 95-2?

Grateful if someone can help me answer the questions above

BTW. I notice that VOC calls code 95 light blue. In Volvo documents in Swedish code 95 is called "isblå" (ice blue) which I use in the 1800 register to distinguish it from light blue code 89

Thank you
Karl Eric
volvo1800pictures.com
karlmalberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 21:11   #2
Derek UK
VOC Member

This is my go to page for colours and this may also be on the 1800 site.
https://volvoamazonpictures.se/wordpress/colors/
I think the comment on the VOC re -1, -2 about shades is wrong.
It lists the numbers after the paint code as being the Paint maker. I think that the page that shows the colour patches and has 95 as both light blue and Ice blue is a typo and should only read Ice Blue. Even the colour shown is much bluer and darker than the actual colour. In real life it is virtually white and the blue "Ice" tint is very subtle. I have an Amazon 2 door from 1965 in Light Blue LjusBla 89 so I know the colour. I have a couple of Paint colour code books from the 70's. One is Dupont and the other I can't remember but that one does talk about dark and light shades. I'm guessing that it means they are trying to match the numbers after the code as each paint maker probably had small shade differences. I'm sure I will find the books and I will post more info when I do if you think it would be useful.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 11:50   #3
Derek UK
VOC Member

Extra: I have actually know 95 as Ice White rather than Ice Blue.

Some cars appear on DVLA as white and some as blue. Perhaps an Ice White saloon owner can post a picture

Example.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XRE118G Gordon Hunter.jpg (305.4 KB, 5 views)
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 13:11   #4
skysurfer
VOC Member

My 1800s is code 95 and ice blue, but on the V5 it just says blue....
skysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skysurfer For This Useful Post: