Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 glt 89/90 reg

Views : 4770

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 13:27   #11
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

The original owner who had it on gumtree,refused to sell it to bookerbill,after he received a phone call from a member on here,bookerbill had paid a deposit on the car,but seller then said he wanted an extra £200,so bookerbill lost the sale due to the certain member on here.
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 13:39   #12
volvorocks
Rodney

^^^^^

Hi

Hasn't it worked out ok though because the chap isn't stuck with a manual car he cannot insure?

Regards
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 14:08   #13
bookerbill
Trader

Default my reply

hi i am the chap who paid a hefty deposit for the volvo which was advertised on gumtree i was picking up the car on Wednesday just passed anyway after speaking to insurance company the decided i wasn't a good bet to insure me due to just having a recent hip replacement anyway i advertised the car on forum without a price looking for a PX anyway a pillock on this forum contacted the guy and got the sale cancelled so i am a touch angry at moment i have had no dealing with this pillock and i really would like to meet this fool face to face or any sidekicks who would like to join in this fool had no axe to grind with me over any think so i really don't know what this persons problem is ? or maybe there just stupid well i really cannot abide stupid envious fools so that's the story , and i would like to say cheers for the folk who have spoke up on this subject plus i would like to say if you post support for this matter its not your forum to have a go at folk who have posted support for me [ its to support me OK hope i have made myself clear plus i don't post comments on forum then hide like a coward if i start some think i will finish it .

plus another thing i am really grateful for members who have given me advice over certain subjects that i have needed advice on ok we all have narks and disagreements with each other but i don't know of anyone on this forum who would directly start out to be downright evil and screw a deal up for someone , life's hard enough i like the volvos there great motors i joined here to get advice and meet some fellow owners i didn't join to have little pillocks to try to score points against me i would do anyone a favor and help anyone anyway my rant over for now

sorry meant to say cheers to FOGGYJAMES + TOMMY AND EVERYONE ELSE

Last edited by bookerbill; Dec 23rd, 2013 at 14:49.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bookerbill For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 14:32   #14
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

I'd just forget it now,whats done is done, What goes around comes around,
Merry Xmas
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 14:53   #15
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Thanks for the update, Mr Meringo...although there has clearly been some "behind the scenes" discussion going on, detail of which was not apparent from the thread.

I think Gumtree seller is quite wrong to have kept the deposit, after he changed the terms of the sale, even if he felt that BB was trying to rip him off. A deposit should only be kept if the buyer withdraws without good reason. JT340 presumably felt he was doing the right thing, in tipping-off about a potential rip-off, but it seems he was too hasty, got his information wrong, and generally made a mess of the situation.

Two things for bookerbill, though. Firstly, stating a price isn't insisted upon (yet), but it is good practice. I don't think this justifies his actions, but JT340 may have felt that you were trying to make a quick buck...which is a problem which blights the 300 series. If you'd stated a (reasonable) price, any confusion could have been avoided. Secondly, talk of a face to face confrontation "with mates" is very unwelcome here. No more of that, thank you.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
The Following User Says Thank You to foggyjames For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 15:07   #16
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Hi James, I think he did get deposit back,The biggest problem was "Why did JT340 do it in the first place?" There was absolutely no reason at all,and it was a very sly thing to do, and a sure way to lose friends,Lets hope we have now heard the last of it,Life is to short for stupid petty quarrels
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 15:13   #17
bookerbill
Trader

Default cheers for you take on subject

first of all cheers for your comment but if you read whats been said by me you would be aware there was not any think incorrect by me posting the said advert plus there is no confusion on my part , the forum member was not alerting anyone at all , they where clearly trying to be very cleaver and totally being very UN-spirited [ i could think of a better word ] it was nothing to do with this person at all they clearly went out to be very callous , i understand what you are trying to put closure on this matter but hey if this person had not be envious of me or just plain stupid we would not be discussing this , i think its a warning to everyone on this forum [ watch what you post ] its a sure way to lose friends but hey if you aint got any ya carnt lose them

and just to add its clear that the person who started all of this has clearly run for the hills lol

Last edited by bookerbill; Dec 23rd, 2013 at 15:18.
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 15:30   #18
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

I imagine he did it because he thought BB was trying to make a quick buck, as (originally) the manual transmission / insurance situation had not been explained. The lack of an asking price made it look more suspicious. This may be unpopular, but if BB *had* just been trying to make a quick buck, I think it would have been fair enough - to avoid another enthusiast (the seller) getting ripped off.

There have been quite a few cases in the last year or two of dealers snapping up tidy "cheap to a good enthusiast home" cars (300 series models, specifically), then punting them on at top top prices via their forecourts...and a few of us are getting sick of it. I have no problem with people getting top dollar for cars, especially if they have put work into getting the cars 'right' (I've sold a few which have been partially recommissioned, and I've never made more than a takeaway's worth out of them)...but for a dealer to punt them on with very little work at a massive profit is simply taking advantage of the original (enthusiast) seller. Maybe that's what JT340 thought was going on? If so, it looks like he got it absolutely wrong.

Whatever happened, given that there was an innocent explanation, I think it was out of order.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 15:37   #19
bookerbill
Trader

Wink last message

cheers for your comment again ; like i said its pretty clear to anyone reading this i was completely honest its folk who haven't got owt to do but to just gossip but hey what do you expect , if forum person had the ability to actually think : we wouldn't be discussing this, another point to add you say this member was trying to alert another member from being ripped off ;; i think you really need to read post and refrain from your opinion which is most unjust , its funny i wasn't doing any think wrong it was a interfering pillock whos ran for the hills when the stuff hits the fan .
its really sad that i have just paid £35.00 for a membership because i really carnt be bothered with fish wife's chatter ;

NOTE just to point out the original post has been cleaned up due to the fact it was clearly evident that the member who started all this was very much at fault , so a message to you all watch what you advertise and watch what you say because there is a pillock waiting out there to try and discredit you for no reason at all apart for they are spineless and a complete plonker ; on that note good tidings to all men lol OH before i forget or get barred a big thank you to PRUFROCK who has a pair ;;

Last edited by bookerbill; Dec 23rd, 2013 at 17:13.
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 23:21   #20
57RKL

BB, I like your quote " what goes around comes around " I'm glad you now understand this.
Closed Thread