Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Listed building curtilage

Views : 695

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 18th, 2018, 13:56   #1
Desseardo

Default Listed building curtilage

Hello,
Does anyone on here have experience of listed building curtilage?
I’ve put up a 6ft wooden fence 12 inches onto my land along a boundary of the neighbour who’s house is grade 2 listed. Apparently the council has told us to apply for permission as it’s within the curtilage of the farmhouse. How far does the curtilage extend? For miles?

Any expert help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jamie
Desseardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 14:08   #2
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desseardo View Post
Hello,
I’ve put up a 6ft wooden fence 12 inches onto my land along a boundary of the neighbour who’s house is grade 2 listed. Apparently the council has told us to apply for permission as it’s within the curtilage of the farmhouse. How far does the curtilage extend? For miles?

Regards

Jamie

Best to post this question in the Lounge:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=184

tem.
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 17:55   #3
AB-UK
Premier Member

I've no personal knowledge, and I'm sure you've already searched and found this:-

https://www.cla.org.uk/influence/pol...and-curtilage#
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 20:32   #4
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desseardo View Post
Hello,

Regards

Jamie
Just buy a series of XC90s and park them nose to tail along the boundary instead of the fence? Should have the same effect without the planning issues.....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 21:24   #5
Desseardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Just buy a series of XC90s and park them nose to tail along the boundary instead of the fence? Should have the same effect without the planning issues.....
Actually Phillip, I’ve done something similar. I’ve purchased a few very tatty caravans for a few pounds and will be putting them along the boundary. Cheaper than applying for permission. I know this sounds petty but this neighbour is the devils incarnate. He’s been abusive and very instrumental in getting our new house refused for permission. Last straw was him cutting the wire off our post and rail fence.

Regards
Desseardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 22:11   #6
MacXC60T5

There is always some idiot who will try to beat listed building consent, Not yourself, but you need to apply for listed building consent as I also assume you are located in a conservation zone. My advice to you is follow the law as the fines for not complying with the Local Authorities requirements could lead to very large fines and take my word you will not win. Best of luck.