Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2011 V60 d5 Won't start

Views : 652

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 5th, 2020, 07:06   #1
1988fordvan

Default 2011 V60 d5 Won't start

Hi

Have a little problem with my car. Well hoping it is a little problem.

Was working fine with no problems. Then this morning it won't start. Engine turns over but no ignition. Wondering if it might be a relay. Checked all fuses and nothing blown. Hoping it isn't a fuel pump. If it is how can I test that? Tank is full. Battery is good. No messages or check engine light on.

Checked all the relays I can get too under the hood and in the boot and they all tested fine with a multi meter. Maybe I had already tested the fuel pump relay but I can't find any wiring diagrams for the v60 d5 on the net. So I don't know which one does what. Owners Manuel is no help.

Can any body tell me where the fuel pump relay is on the 2011 V60 d5? Would cold weather affect it.

Any help would be great.
thanks
2011 V60 D5 AWD
1988fordvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 22:59   #2
1988fordvan

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
1988fordvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2020, 01:31   #3
5cilinder
Premier Member

Besides an engine light there can be more faultcodes wich can be made visible with vida or the torque app
Do that first..... if you have fuelpressure codes check connectors (they are crappy) on the railpressure regulator and measure resistance on the sensor itself(i dont know where the relay of the prime pump is on this model
the primepump can be heard buzzing with contact on preferably with not much fuel in the tank or put a pressuremeter in de feed line to check if it builds up pressure (even if its activated and buzzing it can go broke).
Check the fuel filter on blockage
If thats all ok do a leakback test on the injectors and a fuelcorrections readout on the injectors.
Other codes could be if circuits are open for the electrical wires of the injectors.
Reading out fuelpressure while cranking the engine is also informative with torque or vida
The idle fuelpressure for this engine i dont know but it has to be 350 bar or higher

The "cold"in this time of year is no issue for starting because at these temperatures the glowplugs arent activated (if you live at great heights it could be needed at these temperatures) and to be checked but i asume its not
(you live in australia if its above 5 degrees celcius it should be ok or if its borderline if you crank long enough there will be more compression heat buildup and the engine will start if the plugs are the culprit)

Last edited by 5cilinder; Sep 24th, 2020 at 01:55.
5cilinder is offline   Reply With Quote