Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Moved from XC60 MY18 to XC60 MY21 - notable changes

Views : 2333

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2020, 15:45   #1
techwatcher
Master Member

Default Moved from XC60 MY18 to XC60 MY21 - notable changes

Hi all,

I had an early XC60 MY18, an ex-Volvo car registered June 2017 and last week took delivery of an XC60 MY21.

I have noticed a couple of notable changes in the first few days:

1. The centre screen has notably brighter colours than in the old car. I wonder if they've changed the screen hardware itself?
2. The satnav is quicker and smoother when zooming in and out on the map.
3. Volvo has changed key fob arrangements. The old car was supplied with three key fobs - two standard key fobs and the 'lifestyle' key with no buttons. On the new car we have one standard key, the 'lifestyle' key and the orange Care Key. Problem is that the Care Key cannot hold a driver profile as can the standard and 'lifestyle' keys. This is a bit of a pain as myself and my wife have very different seat and mirror settings. Workaround for now is to use the 'lifestyle' key but that's not a long term solution as the battery cannot be (easily) replaced in the 'lifestyle' key. I'm talking to the dealer on Friday but I have been quoted £375 for an additional standard key (gulp).

The new car is an Inscription Pro whereas previous car was Inscription trim so I now have air suspension and the shadow technology headlights. I like the air suspension and lowering the car for entry/exit makes a welcome difference. Tried the shadow tech headlights at the weekend and it seems to work well.
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 18:35   #2
WFH

Default XC60 MY21 Inscription Pro has NO "Inscription" branding

Just picked up a new petrol B5 XC60 MY21 Inscription Pro (Maple Brown with blond interior). Very disappointed to not have any Inscription branding on front seat headrests, side chrome strips and no badge on tailgate. It looks very cheap compared to our petrol T5 XC60 MY19 Inscription Pro (Luminous Sand with amber interior).
Does yours have any "Inscription" branding?
WFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 19:09   #3
iwanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFH View Post
Just picked up a new petrol B5 XC60 MY21 Inscription Pro (Maple Brown with blond interior).
How are you linking the B5 Petrol (in the shot time you have had it), I have a B5 Petrol on order, but I cant find much (reviews) on the interweb about it. What have you come from before.

Edit, just seen you have come from a T5, so hows the B5 to that.

Last edited by iwanders; Sep 26th, 2020 at 19:23.
iwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 19:31   #4
WFH

Default B5 Vs T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
How are you linking the B5 Petrol (in the shot time you have had it), I have a B5 Petrol on order, but I cant find much (reviews) on the interweb about it. What have you come from before.

Edit, just seen you have come from a T5, so hows the B5 to that.
Seems the same. Only driven 3 miles from the Volvo dealer, so will need to get back to you.
WFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 21:30   #5
Archdog

I'm very pleased with my XC 60 B5 petrol (air suspension). I came from a V90 D4 which is a good car, but I wouldn't go back. B5 is quiet and responsive, and the mild hybrid seems to have dealt with the annoying gear change problems at roundabouts that made the V90 less good to drive without having to resort to Polestar upgrade. More than enough performance for my limited needs.
Archdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2020, 11:45   #6
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Just picked up a new petrol B5 XC60 MY21 Inscription Pro (Maple Brown with blond interior). Very disappointed to not have any Inscription branding on front seat headrests, side chrome strips and no badge on tailgate. It looks very cheap compared to our petrol T5 XC60 MY19 Inscription Pro (Luminous Sand with amber interior).
Does yours have any "Inscription" branding?
TBH I hadn't noticed but Volvo do seem to have removed all "Inscription" branding. In addition to your list, the startup checklist was also branded "Inscription" on my previous car.

Cost cutting from Volvo methinks.
Old Sep 27th, 2020, 16:46   #7
Capt109

Hi, I have also just picked up a new 2021 V90 CC B5p on Friday. Changed from a 2017 V90 CC D4.

I have only done 50 miles, but the engine is a lot quieter and feels more responsive.

One or two things to be aware is the side rubber mouldings and the ticket holder have been deleted. The 9” screen is a lot more responsive and feels quicker to be usable on startup. The tyres are Michelin Primacy 4 rather than Pirelli P Zero on 2020 models

On the key I was told they are offering a reduced price for another key with no blade, but the blade from the Care key can be transferred

Last edited by Capt109; Sep 27th, 2020 at 16:59.
Capt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 09:17   #8
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt109 View Post
On the key I was told they are offering a reduced price for another key with no blade, but the blade from the Care key can be transferred
I was back at the dealer last Friday to resolve the key fob issue, and that was the solution offered - a (plastic, not leather-covered) new key fob and transfer the blade from the Care Key. The original quote for a replacement key fob and blade was £370 - I ended up paying £165.

Interestingly the Volvo Mast Tech at the dealer said what a daft decision this was by Volvo and that they should offer the option for the second key of either a standard key or a Care Key.
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 12:55   #9
Dilinger

These details are certainly a pitty for MY21 with the addition of 18km/h limit.

I would expect add-ons from MY20 not strip downs.
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 17:40   #10
iwanders

Quote:
Seems the same. Only driven 3 miles from the Volvo dealer, so will need to get back to you.
@WFH and @Capt109, how you getting on with your new cars. How's the B5P engine, what's your MPG been so far.

I'm still awaiting on mine, latest ETA is last week Oct / First week Nov.

Ian.
iwanders is offline   Reply With Quote