Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My new S40 T4

Views : 4998

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 30th, 2014, 18:45   #61
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex121 View Post
Love this Mitch, cracking looking car - Polestar blue before it was cool

Bet it certainly shifts!

If you're ever over my way give me a shout, would love to have a proper look at it

Interesting your comment on the turbo lag, as Ashok commented on how responsive mine was as I've got the 14T still. Obviously logically, the bigger the turbo the more lag you're going to have but is there much you can do to reduce this other than a good exhaust system?

I'll be going the 19T route soon so I'm wondering if anything can be done about the lag.
Hi Alex, thanks!

Chasing down an idle issue ATM but apart from that the car is wicked.

As for lag, I think the 19T has a smaller turbine and housing so lag should be minimal. There isn't much lag on the T28, but climbing back into my other T4 I can instantly feel the extra responsiveness of the 14T. It's a trade off really. Extra top end power at the sacrifice of instant response. The 14T runs out of puff at 4k where the T28 is pulling HARD.

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 11:49   #62
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
Tom don't buy a whole car just for brakes lol. For the money you could buy a brand new BBK and get some brackets made up.

It's not up advertised yet anyway lol

I have a guy interested but he lives in Aberdeen 600miles away. The car is nice but I'm not sure if it's 1200miles nice!

Anyway, it's had a new Bosal catback fitted today then I just need to hunt an airleak (prob do a smoke test) then it will be for sale. Want it running spot on before I sell it. In case any one may be interested here is the spec:

2001 V40 T4 89K Miles.
Graphite Grey,
MOT til August
Mapped by Ashok. 237bhp/300lbft. All standard hardware. (dyno graph to prove)
New catback.
Walbro 255 Fuel pump.
Arcadias.
335mm 6 Pot Big Brake kit.
Very recent tyres.
Cambelt done 10k (ish) ago.
Lowered on H&R springs.
Boost gauge.
Most of the service history by Volvo main dealer, 1 missing I think.
I change the oil every 3k miles.
Full black leather with piano black trim.

Drives really well, very tight with no knocks, bangs or clunks.
Turbo hoses have no oil in them so turbo is 100%. Uses no oil or water at all.

The only negatives I can think of is there are a couple of small dents and scratches, the wheels have some curbing. I had to replace the wing when I bought the car as it had a dent in it. It was recorded as cat d for this which is joke TBH. I will dig out a few pics soon.

Here you go, I found some on my whatsapp. These pics make the car look better than it is but it does polish up well!

Well I'm gutted to say my V40 has now gone.

The new owner is Will (Aquabee on VOC) who came all the way from Aberdeen to collect it. A very nice chap who assures me the car will be looked after.

The journey home will be a huge test of endurance for man and machine!!

And Will, I want first refusal if you ever sell it lol

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2014, 20:25   #63
aquabee

Thanks Mitch, Im chuffed to bits, pleasure to do buisness with you mate.Highly recommend dealing with Mitch, his attention to detail is awesome.The car will be pampered in the manner it has been accustomed mate!Will give her a wash and put up another photo or two!
aquabee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquabee For This Useful Post: